test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Account

vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Academy
A few months back STO/Perfect World had me change my login info.

I had to pick a new name and everything, still keeping all my subscriptions (life-sub, collectors edition-sub, etc..) to the game, but my old name and all it's posts are gone?

Even when I search my old name none of the posts come up, it's as if all was deleted?

I also have no post count and a new date next to my name as 2013?

Is there anyway to view old posts, or to link my old account to this one?
Change your timezone here.
SEGA
Nov. 2009
yes, my avatar is my tattoo
Post edited by vinthebutcher on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few months back STO/Perfect World had me change my login info.

I had to pick a new name and everything, still keeping all my subscriptions (life-sub, collectors edition-sub, etc..) to the game, but my old name and all it's posts are gone?
    When Cryptic was purchased and 'assimilated' by PWE, the Forum software that PWE used could not support the account names of the Forum software that Cryptic was using...

As a result, during the merger, EVERYONE was essentially given new Forum accounts with a zero post count, with existing STO forum posts changed to the 'Archived User' account during the import
  • stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When Cryptic was purchased and 'assimilated' by PWE, the Forum software that PWE used could not support the account names of the Forum software that Cryptic was using...

As a result, during the merger, EVERYONE was essentially given new Forum accounts with a zero post count, with existing STO forum posts changed to the 'Archived User' account during the import

It would have been funny if they could have renamed "Archived User" to "Assimulated User".
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for the off-topic post here but...

I used to know a guy named Vin and he was a butcher. Did you ever play FFXI on Garuda server?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lan is that you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
  • vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just joking, na, never played those games.

I usually go by the name SEGA, Ryker, or The Forever Man

Thanks for the info guys.

Kinda sucks,, I was in a few good threads I wanted to reread, but can't find them.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha! Ah well. That's quite a coincidence though since we used to call that guy "Vin the Butcher" lol.

Anyways when it comes to your join date you can just do what I did (and others have) and just put your original one down in your sig.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter