test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5GB...In one shot? Really?

galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Sorry, but 5GB to my more than slow internet is a damn big problem. I didn't had time to play in Tribble.

Can't you use WinZIP or WinRAR with your files?(Yes, that's irony)
--
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by galaxyrider0 on

Comments

• dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could have logged in and out to let the prepatch run when you went to bed or work or pretty much anything except using the computer.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    You could have logged in and out to let the prepatch run when you went to bed or work or pretty much anything except using the computer.

Even with the "pre-patch" you're still looking at a significant d/l.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • jamierosejamierose Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dkeith2011 wrote: »

Except the pre-patcher probably would have crapped out at .2% like it has for so many others, myself included.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jamierose wrote: »
    Except the pre-patcher probably would have crapped out at .2% like it has for so many others, myself included.

Yeah, it crashed on me. Starting over again.
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know how well it would compress, since most of the weight is coming from pretty much a complete set of graphical texture mip maps, which are already moderately compressed.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    The download is not really that big. It is smaller, what you are seeing is the size of the files on your disk that get replaced or modified. Say you have a 10gb big game file and the patch replaces a single byte in it, the patcher would say 10gb to patch. But the download would only pull that single byte.

However this patch is pretty big, since every single texture gets replaced.
  • solidagesolidage Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

However this patch is pretty big, since every single texture gets replaced.

is this true? source? why?
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! What a good explanation Taco did on that Thread... still, had someone completed the download? What is the true size then?

Still, this is a pretty big download and I guess tomorrow the servers will be like a mirage, once you come closer, they disappear.:eek:

See you ingame in two weeks... :D
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! What a good explanation Taco did on that Thread... still, had someone completed the download? What is the true size then?

Rough Estimate from the TRIBBLE server and prepatch folders, it's about 19GB.
  • cthulhufhtagn666cthulhufhtagn666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, but 5GB to my more than slow internet is a damn big problem. I didn't had time to play in Tribble.

Can't you use WinZIP or WinRAR with your files?(Yes, that's irony)

Files downloaded already are compressed, partially or wholly. Try The Secret World. Occupies 35+GB of hard drive space