test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

playable Android Please

osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I don't know if its been asked we have joined trill borg captains but why not a Android?
Post edited by osena109 on

Comments

• greatdggreatdg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seem to recall reading that...CBS? had been approached about it, but they gave a flat rejection, and as they have ultimate control, no android captains.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greatdg wrote: »
    I seem to recall reading that...CBS? had been approached about it, but they gave a flat rejection, and as they have ultimate control, no android captains.

Yeah, CBS vetoed this ages ago. It's not going to happen unless they change their stance.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    I don't know if its been asked we have joined trill borg captains but why not a Android?
    You can use the Alien template and make a fairly close approximation to an Andriod. There's even a creation guide here to help you make some interesting species with Aliens.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CBS wont allow Androids to captain ships. Hence why Data and the Ent E is still missing :(

Though, at this point. CBS has okayed:

Cardassian Galor ships.
    Ferengi ships.
    Tholian ships.
    Temporal ships from 500 yrs into the future.
    Dominion ships
    Tal Shiar Borg tech ships.

All to be captained by Federation and Klingon captains.

I find it hard to believe at this stage, how CBS can possibly have canon problems with anything else ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2013
    Just one of those odd things that CBS objects to.

Android as a C-store race would be awesome, but it won't ever happen.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    CBS wont allow Androids to captain ships. Hence why Data and the Ent E is still missing :(

Though, at this point. CBS has okayed:

Cardassian Galor ships.
    Ferengi ships.
    Tholian ships.
    Temporal ships from 500 yrs into the future.
    Dominion ships
    Tal Shiar Borg tech ships.

All to be captained by Federation and Klingon captains.

I find it hard to believe at this stage, how CBS can possibly have canon problems with anything else ;)
    CBS might be willing to allow a playable Android species if it were put within a Lockbox. The reason those things were approved was because the odds of getting many of them are well below 1%.

The criteria has always seemed to be about not wanting something that should be unique to become common place. It's the same with the Android Boff, where probably not even 5% of the overall player-base has earned it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.