test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Bridge sets and Interiors

jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I am a lifetime member of STO, and I have almost all of the bridge packs, and although they are cool, the interiors are the same. I am hoping that a bundle pack comes out to change the bridge and interiors, like the constitution class refit bridge that could change from the different movies, the excelsior bridge, the enterprise B and C bridge, and have the interiors match from those ships. I have always wanted to step on the bridge from Star Trek 2-6. I hope this can happen here in the near future.
Post edited by jeffrobinson79 on

Comments

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has stated that bridges and interiors are very, very, VERY on the backburner and that they'd rather wait until they have the Foundry to the level where players can make their own bridges and interiors rather than make new ones themselves.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They say that, and then they further nerf the Foundry.

Sorry, I don't think this is coming anytime soon.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup.. really sad, but certainly true, that we won't see any new interiors coming soon.. I esp. want the Excelsior and Galaxy movie bridges so badly!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup.. really sad, but certainly true, that we won't see any new interiors coming soon.. I esp. want the Excelsior and Galaxy movie bridges so badly!!!

We have two bridges that very closely mirror those. What we need badly are ship interiors to match! Right now, all we have are corridors that seem made to run assault shuttles through, along with staterooms and interior sections that make it seem like Starfleet has integrated all of their ships as TARDIS-type infinite interior space. And the Engineering sections.....

Well, let's hope they realize that the reason players don't spend more time in the interiors of their ship is that the interiors are so poorly done. I've spent -alot- of time on the decks of my Constitution-class, but I can't spend 5 mins in the standard interior without being forced to notice that only a video game would make a ship with so much empty space that the first time there was a gravity flux, people would kill themselves from falling distance between the walls of the corridors, or have the ship explode the first time there is an Engineering problem because the warp core is completely uncontained from the rest of Engineering (or the rest of the ship).

Anyway, don't get your hopes up. The devs don't spend any time in their own interiors so why would they care?
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ideally, I'd be happy with the following interiors.

Galaxy

Voyager

NX-class
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danqueller wrote: »
    We have two bridges that very closely mirror those. What we need badly are ship interiors to match! Right now, all we have are corridors that seem made to run assault shuttles through, along with staterooms and interior sections that make it seem like Starfleet has integrated all of their ships as TARDIS-type infinite interior space. And the Engineering sections.....

Well, let's hope they realize that the reason players don't spend more time in the interiors of their ship is that the interiors are so poorly done. I've spent -alot- of time on the decks of my Constitution-class, but I can't spend 5 mins in the standard interior without being forced to notice that only a video game would make a ship with so much empty space that the first time there was a gravity flux, people would kill themselves from falling distance between the walls of the corridors, or have the ship explode the first time there is an Engineering problem because the warp core is completely uncontained from the rest of Engineering (or the rest of the ship).

Anyway, don't get your hopes up. The devs don't spend any time in their own interiors so why would they care?

The interiors are larger than what they should be because all of the spaces need to be big enough so that the player camera stays inside of the space and not go outside the walls when moving around.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    Devs have said that interiors are cool, but not worth the money. As much as people on the forums say they want the interior of their favorite ship they don't actually sell.

So that means if we get them it would have to be cheap/easy like a foundry mod.

Personally I'm not counting on it. When was the last time they added interior content? LoR has one that will take five minutes. That's the first one in, what?, over a year?
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danqueller wrote: »

One tip, use small interiors.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • vantheman77vantheman77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the bridge at first, but I'd like to see it and the rest of the interiors change each time we get a new ship.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    The interiors are larger than what they should be because all of the spaces need to be big enough so that the player camera stays inside of the space and not go outside the walls when moving around.

That was the pre-release rationale behind the initial design, but it has already been stated by the devs that this has proved to be not the case. The Constitution and Belfast interiors have demonstrated that interiors sized to more realistic scale are very much workable prospects.

However, as they have also stated, it isn't worth it to them to spend the time, as the default interior is good enough for them (I'm sure they take the same attitude as devs of a certain other space MMO that the 'real' game is fighting and looting, and all this Role Play stuff is just distraction from what the players should be doing). That the alternate interiors they did put out were highly specialized for a specific single class of ship (Constitution and Defiant classes respectively) I'm sure did not occur to them as a reason why they didn't sell to players not using those ships. At least the Galaxy interiors they promised with the Galaxy Pack would have been quite believable for a wide range of Starfleet vessels in the game.

And the KDF has it far worse.

Ah well.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People forget that the Devs recently commented on interiors that they will be revisiting them. They cited the Galaxy Interior for starters.

Also people, for those who want the Star Trek 2-6 Bridge sets, get the Prometheus Bridge, which was a redress of that set (really a redress of the Excelsior Bridge, but in turn was redress of the Enterprise bridge set).

So give them time. Bridges are easy, interiors are another matter.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figure there is one advantage to the way Romulan ship interiors are done:

You have only one bridge, and one deck layout.

As much as we could gripe about the matter of choice, there's one distinct advantage to this: Cryptic can create missions for Romulan characters that can happen inside their ship interiors since it's all static stuff. They can perform "We're being boarded" and other scenarios fairly handily.

So will Foundry authors too. I mean, I've seen attempts to have me fight to save my bridge from invaders in Foundry missions only to find myself on a Galaxy-class bridge when I was captaining an Odyssey class. Now, for Romulans at least, there won't be this bit of awkwardness.

And it seems, despite the lack of customization of those Romulan interiors, that people are taking that fact in stride since the warbird interiors are considered of high quality.
  • cthulhufhtagn666cthulhufhtagn666 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirokk wrote: »

Wrong. It would be a simple matter to add a value to the camera that stops it from moving outside the interior. The devs just dont care.

In fact, early in the beta, the devs had said that originally the interiors were smaller, but the AI kept crowding each other, so they made them larger so that the AI wouldn't stand over the top of each other.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong. It would be a simple matter to add a value to the camera that stops it from moving outside the interior. The devs just dont care.

In fact, early in the beta, the devs had said that originally the interiors were smaller, but the AI kept crowding each other, so they made them larger so that the AI wouldn't stand over the top of each other.

Considering the way my Boffs play "Parkinsons Dodgems" with each other and any walls or furniture near to them, that excuse sounds just as thin as all the others. You can't fix bad AI with bad interior scaling.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.