test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nimbus lll adventure zone issue.

admiraltirad235admiraltirad235 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
The new adventure zone being added tomorrow with LoR seems too easy for lvl 50s with endgame gear vs. npcs made for halfway lvl people.
Post edited by admiraltirad235 on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The new adventure zone being added tomorrow with LoR seems too easy for lvl 50s with endgame gear vs. npcs made for halfway lvl people.

The people with the uber purple Mk XII gear and fleet ships who stay for longer than a month or two are not who the adventure zones are aimed at.

They're aimed at the newish players who have yet to exahaust the game content like the rest of us and thus it will be "What I do after the Epohhs today." for them.
    <3
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is how it was made. It was designed for midlevel players.

When you head to that zone, you and your stats will be leveled down to lvl 26, so it wont be a total walk in the park.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As mentioned, players will be scaled down to match the level of the zone. I really don't see max level players really wanting to linger around the zone for all that long outside of missions though.

If the Orion stronghold is still as hazardous as the last time I ran through it, max level players with top tier gear are going to be very welcome around those parts.
  • veotaxveotax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh, yeah. Not every piece of content has to be made with endgame players in mind. Lets face it, the early game sucks, it needs some attention to bring it up to the standard that the newer content sets.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    veotax wrote: »
    Uh, yeah. Not every piece of content has to be made with endgame players in mind. Lets face it, the early game sucks, it needs some attention to bring it up to the standard that the newer content sets.
    Which is why it's better that things get made that can also be easily used at end-game. because everyone's at end-game in a week. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    That is how it was made. It was designed for midlevel players.

When you head to that zone, you and your stats will be leveled down to lvl 26, so it wont be a total walk in the park.

it's a total walk in the park :P. replayed a mission for gear (Undying) there at 50, myself and away team with all mkx or xi (whites, greens and a few blues, maybe 1 or 2 very rare)....and just vaporising everything in the way.

even spawned bosses died nearly instantly (ran into the nausican). Undying the mission itself once inside was a easy as well. scaling doesn't seem to work too well.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.