test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MACO/Omega Ground Sets

rickpellrickpell Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
I'm working on acquiring my first ground set, and I have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find an answer to. One, does the Integral Frequency Remodulation ability that you get from equipping all three pieces mean that you don't have to manually remodulate your weapon anymore while equipped? And secondly, if I equip a second weapon in my alternate weapon slot, do I lose the set bonuses if I switch to it?
Post edited by rickpell on

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Integral Frequency Remodulation is an activated ability, similar to the abilities you would find from equipped kits and devices. It has an instantaneous use and 15 second cooldown. Borg adaptation will still occur as normal, but the instant-use remodulate ability reduces the amount of time you have to use to overcome it.

You can have any weapon in your second slot and still have access to the ability, you won't lose it when you have that other weapon as your currently selected weapon.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    rickpellrickpell Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, that makes sense. And it sounds a lot better than that annoying remodulator you get from your replicator.
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Integral Frequency Remodulation takes half a second to do it's job. The Replicated item Frequency Remodulator takes 4 seconds and take up a inventory slot.

You must carry all three items to use it, but you have a second weapons slot which you can have any item you like in.

If you don't carry a Bladed weapon, don't get the same energy type of weapon as the set item. That is Phaser for MACO and Anti-proton for Omega set.
  • Options
    amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A couple of tips on the ground sets. I have bought both XII guns for my characters. The Maco gun is better at first because it is an awesome sniper rife. However, when you get use to it the Omega gun is a really fun machine gun like weapon. My tacs are either running Klingon Honor Guard (Klingon Tac) and My Fed Tac is running Omega. My engineer and sci is running maco. The difference between the sets is that Omega is better for damage and Maco is better for tanking. I think the Maco gun is better against the Borg and the Omega gun is better against other PVE enemies. The KHG gun is just a really tough shotgun in my opinion. I think my favorite is running my Fed Tac with Omega set and the Maco gun for ground STFs.