test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reman charcter

muster16muster16 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I was disappointed, when I read, that anyone who has reached tier 5, with New Romulus reputation, will be able to play a Reman. That was my entire reasoning for purchasing the Legacy Pack. Now I see that I did not have to do that. Thanks a lot. :mad:
Post edited by muster16 on

Comments

• delph1sdelph1s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This was explained many eons ago, you should really read the blogs more.
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muster16 wrote: »
    I was disappointed, when I read, that anyone who has reached tier 5, with New Romulus reputation, will be able to play a Reman. That was my entire reasoning for purchasing the Legacy Pack. Now I see that I did not have to do that. Thanks a lot. :mad:

why be disappointed? You get to play as a Reman now, without waiting till all you've worked for hours and days , instead you can be one at the beginning of the launch.

Also, if you bought the Legacy pack for 124.99 dollars.... um... just for the playable Reman character....why didn't you just wait till the launch and buy the playable Reman from the zen store?

I'm sure it will be just as cheap as the Klingon, Ferasan and Caitian characters, of 600 zen, which is only 6 dollars.....
  • muster16muster16 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already have 4 characters, who are tier 5 with New Romulus. So I won't have to do any more work in that department. I didn't read all of the blogs. But am still disappointed. :rolleyes:
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well look at it this way...now you have an onslaught of ships to use for your romulan/reman toons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have t5 reputation on one primary character
    And im hoping the unlock works
    Live long and Prosper
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muster16 wrote: »
    I already have 4 characters, who are tier 5 with New Romulus. So I won't have to do any more work in that department. I didn't read all of the blogs. But am still disappointed.
    sollvax wrote: »
    I have t5 reputation on one primary character
    And im hoping the unlock works
    I'm pretty sure the unlock doesn't work like that.

I think you have to gain Tier #5 Romulan Rep on a Romulan character before you unlock a playable Reman.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from what i understand you can simply buy the reman unlock from the z-store. thats what im going to do the moment i can get on the game and play it when its released.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the unlock doesn't work like that.

I think you have to gain Tier #5 Romulan Rep on a Romulan character before you unlock a playable Reman.

Well that's not what it says ...
    First of all, this premium species is available in two separate ways: It can either be earned or purchased. Players that choose to earn this species must achieve Tier 5 in the New Romulus Reputation on any character on their account.

But I'm still interested if it will just unlock when you reach T5, or if you have to start a project which will cost Romulan Marks, Dilithium or something similar ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that's not what it says ...

But I'm still interested if it will just unlock when you reach T5, or if you have to start a project which will cost Romulan Marks, Dilithium or something similar ...
    Key word: Think ;)

This is an occasion in where I'd like to be wrong, but I'd expect most people to have reached Tier #5 already with Rom Rep (it's been around long enough) and it seems too easy an acquisition if you can get it through any character, especially since it's part of the Legacy Pack.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D'stal (we are not worthy , we are not worthy) gave us all the impression it was Any character
    Live long and Prosper
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete Tier 5 of the New Romulus reputation on any character, you unlock Remans for the account.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Key word: Think ;)

Yeah it's not about thinking, it's about whats in the DEV Blogs and what Dstahl said ... besides I doubt there is gonna be some kind of system which is gonna check if your character is Romulan, especially since Romulans have to join KDF or FED Faction

Moreover when I really think about :P, there would be no point in unlocking Remans this way, if you really wanna play a Reman you're not gonna play a Romulan first just to get it ... if that would be the case, they should/would just make it C-Store only ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though you have a legacy pack can you still use the Reman uniform from Nemesis for your romulan? or have Reman the materials on your ship? Or is predicated on being a Reman character? I paid for it so i should use it for the Rommy Republic character right? I want that cape and if want to do an alien human i can have the Schinzon look. Plus with the belts, the cape, the dark tones and.......the TOS helmet, i can make a Batman costume LOL.

The dark knight lol striking fear in the hearts of Tal Shiar Criminals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    Even though you have a legacy pack can you still use the Reman uniform from Nemesis for your romulan?

The Reman uniforms are made for Remans, so I doubt it. Kinda like how Orions or other races have unique uniform options.
    or have Reman the materials on your ship?

That shouldn't be a problem, since it's just a new skin for the exact same ship.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about TOS gear and normal gear can you mix those for both Romulan and Reman? Il love the helmet, hate the actual uniform. I could make a Romulan Swat officer for a STF suit with the KDF allied uni and the TOS helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • jackattack00720jackattack00720 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about TOS gear and normal gear can you mix those for both Romulan and Reman? Il love the helmet, hate the actual uniform. I could make a Romulan Swat officer for a STF suit with the KDF allied uni and the TOS helmet.

If we go by costumes of other items I would say yes. If you bought Bajoran or Jupiter or whatever costume for Fed and KDF you have always been able to mix and match most if not all of the items. I would assume that is similar here too.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    Even though you have a legacy pack can you still use the Reman uniform from Nemesis for your romulan? or have Reman the materials on your ship? Or is predicated on being a Reman character? I paid for it so i should use it for the Rommy Republic character right? I want that cape and if want to do an alien human i can have the Schinzon look. Plus with the belts, the cape, the dark tones and.......the TOS helmet, i can make a Batman costume LOL.

The dark knight lol striking fear in the hearts of Tal Shiar Criminals.

At least on tribble, you cannot use Reman uniform items on Romulans. I don't know about Reman materials on ships. Although, the Reman shield looked awesome on my warbirds.