test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IGN Exclusive Legacy of Romulus Launch Trailer Reveal

2»

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to nominate whoever made that for the Christopher Pike Medal of Valor. Awesome trailer.

More please! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The trailer was, honestly, well made.

Good job.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Visually it looks nice , but the over-the-top voice acting seems to be building up to either a scream fest of a melt down .
  • taylor44331taylor44331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic vid. can't wait now. I'm glad i got the LOR pack now.
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quite enjoyed this. Very dramatic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • zurdincanzurdincan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way to watch this trailer elsewhere ?
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, D'Tan reminds me of that speech during the movie Independence Day (yes i got the theme ready to go LOL).

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFN1t7Goyk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The voice actor sounds a lot like the fellow that plays the Vorta in the DS9 featured episodes.
    I could be imagining that though. I rather enjoyed the voice work from that series. Are there credits somewhere?

I can also say whatever group this fellow is representing won't be reuniting with Vulcan anytime soon. Insert Howard Dean scream.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    It was all good an that, but...

Anyone spot the Tal Shiar trooper on Virinat carrying the Jem'Hadar polaron rifle?

Yeah, he was like that on Tribble too. mistake or deliberate?

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
    edited May 2013
    In honor of this video, I have created a new signature. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In honor of this video, I have created a new signature. :cool:

Kinda wish they did not put the invisible walls in Engineering.

WE ARE ROMULAN!!!!

*kicks Hakeeve's envoy into Singularity core*
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really good trailer. well done. getting excite for Tuesday.
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About two days until we can march under the raptors wings on Holodeck! I already marched under the raptors wings a bit on Tribble and I gotta say LOR is really good! The new KDF content is good but a bit buggy. Of course Cryptic has NEVER treated the KDF with much respect so no surprise there. However LOR is surprisingly very well done. Bravo on the Romulan faction Cryptic. I hope Cryptic keeps up the superb work on the Romulan faction. :D
    I have been waiting to play a Romulan Captain since STO open beta back in January of 2010!
    A while after STO launched, Cryptic promised that there would eventually be a Romulan faction but they didn't know when. Now we know its May 21st, 2013!
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I'm not happy about in LoR is that all the cross-faction missions I've played so far assume you're either a Starfleet officer or a KDF warrior. Kind of immersion breaking when you're a Romulan or a Reman.

But the rest is awesome! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That...was the voice...of every Rommunist in the game. :P
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I'm not happy about in LoR is that all the cross-faction missions I've played so far assume you're either a Starfleet officer or a KDF warrior. Kind of immersion breaking when you're a Romulan or a Reman.

But the rest is awesome! :D

Some Dialogue is altered though. In one of the Mirror Universe missions, O'Brien will point out that you're Romulan.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The new IGN Trailer

I saw the new IGN trailer today it's good but except the end line is a bit strange...

For we are Romulan, that should be the KDF line ?

For we are Klingon's is the original line ?

Discus :
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great footage. The voiceover... eh...

Hrm. Somebody mind transcribing the video?

I can later but I'd like to make some points and I can jump straight into making them after I do some stuff today if I have the text of it.

And I'm sure folks who work jobs and are watching with the sound off would appreciate it.
    edited May 2013
    Hrm. Somebody mind transcribing the video?

"What we knew is gone. Our home, our lives, all that we were, dust. Blasted across empty, heartless skies. But we live. Our legacy lives. Within every ship we fly, upon every world we touch. In our hearts, in yours. There will be challenge. You will know fear. But you will overcome! You will survive! And answer vengeance with blood. You will do as you must. Rule cannot be handed to the faithless! Our legacy cannot be lost to villains! Bury the past, to face the future! In enemies, find allies. These is no price we have not paid, no loss we have not felt: our dead world, our long suffering ... these are not ends! We are not ended! For your crew, for your people, for this new home ... we must face all doubt. We must break the strong who would destroy us, and overcome the impossible! We must fight against any, and all! We must ... we will ... for WE ... ARE ... ROMULAN!"
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As if I wasn't psyched enough as it was :D Now that I've seen the trailer, these last overnight & morning hours are going to draaaaaag on for me.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "What we knew is gone. Our home, our lives, all that we were, dust. Blasted across empty, heartless skies. But we live. Our legacy lives. Within every ship we fly, upon every world we touch. In our hearts, in yours. There will be challenge. You will know fear. But you will overcome! You will survive! And answer vengeance with blood. You will do as you must. Rule cannot be handed to the faithless! Our legacy cannot be lost to villains! Bury the past, to face the future! In enemies, find allies. These is no price we have not paid, no loss we have not felt: our dead world, our long suffering ... these are not ends! We are not ended! For your crew, for your people, for this new home ... we must face all doubt. We must break the strong who would destroy us, and overcome the impossible! We must fight against any, and all! We must ... we will ... for WE ... ARE ... ROMULAN!"

I tried redubbing it in one take, just for fun.

http://youtu.be/qLLcUEr5jYA

Timing is not perfect and I didn't have the original music.