test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How about an app for managing your DOffs while off line?

ursansnowursansnow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've seen other games that allow you to manage your Auction house stuff with a phone app, and I know you can chat into game from your phone (did it yesterday). So how about an app that allows you to manage the minor functions of the game, Doffs, Exchange, Spending Rep Points, Spending Fleet Marks, and so on.
Post edited by ursansnow on

Comments

• Options
    adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited May 2013
    This has been suggested and proposed numerous times, the only thing keeping it from happening is the fact that it takes a few hours of phone calls, dev meetings and programming. I.e. <work>. Something Cryptic avoids like the plague.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The STO Gateway appears to be the first stages of that. It's current still in Beta. You might want to read about it and then sign up to test it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The STO Gateway appears to be the first stages of that. It's current still in Beta. You might want to read about it and then sign up to test it.

The Neverwinter Gateway is a step closer, which makes me optimistic. You can do their 'crafting' through the gateway, and their crafting is a LOT like Doffing in STO. You pick a task from a pick list, then allocate 'assets' to it. Assets are workers/tools for the Neverwinter crafting - again, similar to DOFFs, although there are a lot less variations (less than 100 different assets total.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    The Neverwinter Gateway is a step closer, which makes me optimistic. You can do their 'crafting' through the gateway, and their crafting is a LOT like Doffing in STO. You pick a task from a pick list, then allocate 'assets' to it. Assets are workers/tools for the Neverwinter crafting - again, similar to DOFFs, although there are a lot less variations (less than 100 different assets total.)
    Based on some of the things I've heard, I get the feeling that STO's crafting upgrade is probably going to be incorporated into the Doff system too. Ultimately you're going to need to acquire the Resources to make the item and then have the personnel to do it a well.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.