test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Mentoring Improvement(s)

szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
With Legacy of Romulus, I'm sure I'm not the only person who is going to be talking some friends into checking the game out - and we're likely to see a good influx of new blood, as a whole.

However one thing I have always found cumbersome when trying to play this game with friends as they/we are leveling up is the.. draconic.. level-matching/mentoring system. With development for this update entering Crunch Time, I can understand a proper overhaul being out of the question, but I would like to make a single request:

Please increase the range of the level-matching system. (Ideally to be zone-wide.)

It is incredibly frustrating to constantly have to re-match a person's level because you or they decided to go ahead and wait at the next system while the other sorts out their inventory, or because you decided to race each other and the person who is ahead decides to be a dork and not slow down, or someone is taking a long time to load/download a zone, or you're not able to find another eligible exploration cluster in time, etc. (The latter issues wouldn't really be covered with this request, but at least something would be better than the way it is currently.)

Making it easier for people to play together while they're still leveling up will help keep them here until they reach the point that level doesn't matter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are talking about when after X number you get from the one you are matching you un match there level and then every thing go up to the highest level and is annoyance helping level a friends or fleet members and you go afk for unknown reasons they moved on and un match you have to leave and star over again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I'm speaking from experience when I was leveling up a character with a friend. The duty officer system ended up throwing off our levels and that started to become a bit problematic as time went on(notably on ship tier jumps).

Furthermore, I'm not particularly interested in rolling another FED or KDF character. If a friend wants to though, I'd like to be able to use lower level ships and play with them using existing characters.