test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No VA Token/Legacy Pack Sci ship?

symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
As a STO lifer from the beginning who loves playing SCI I am extremely disappointed that there are no dedicated science ships to purchase with a VA token or from the Legacy Pack. With 3 tactical ships (T?varo Light Warbird Retrofit, Dhelan Warbird Retrofit & Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit) 2 engineering ships (D?deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser Retrofit & Haakona Advanced Warbird) there is an obvious gap for Science ships. I am aware the Ha?nom (and MU version) exists at Sub Admiral and the Fleet Version at VA but the SA version is not on par with Legacy Pack/VA Token Ships and the fleet version requires extra work/spending in game which I am not took keen on doing as I already purchased the Legacy Pack foolishly expecting a Science Vessel. Also as the Fleet Ha'nom doesn't have any special console it feels even more insulting flying one around when the TAC and ENG VA ships all can use their exclusive fancy consoles.

Cryptic has been telling us how sciency the Romulan ships are with all these abilities etc yet the fact they don't have a science ship at launch seems baffling.

I am aware there is no way Cryptic will be adding a science Romulan Legacy/VA ship at launch. Had I known when I bought my legacy pack that I wouldn't be getting a science ship I would have likely not bought it so I guess Cryptic lucked out there.

I've been reading on the forums that more Romulan ships (including the science ship from TNG) will come if the Romulans are financially viable. I hope they are but I will be reluctant to purchase one after outlaying so much for the Legacy Pack.
Lifer since headstart!
Post edited by symetreus69 on

Comments

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well yes there arent any from the legacy pack they DID add the Guardian class for a RA lvl t5 sci ship....its actually a pretty nice vessel IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, a science ship with sensor analysis, battle cloak, and the ability to mount dual cannons, plus a turn rate decent enough to bring them to bear with an RCS or Tachyo. I'm not too broken up about there not being a c-store science warbird yet, the Ha'nom is pretty excellent.
  • symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    msk5 wrote: »
    Yeah, a science ship with sensor analysis, battle cloak, and the ability to mount dual cannons, plus a turn rate decent enough to bring them to bear with an RCS or Tachyo. I'm not too broken up about there not being a c-store science warbird yet, the Ha'nom is pretty excellent.

Yeah the Ha'nom looks pretty sweet. A c-store version would be pretty sweet with a unique console. Apparently the Haakona was originally a science ship I kinda wish it still was, just so I got a discount on buying a fleet version of a science ship. Not really too keen on forking out $20 on modules after buying the legacy pack. Who knows Cryotic might give Legacy Pack owners a discount for the Fleet Ha'nom (unlikely but I can hope...)
    Lifer since headstart!