test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regarding the Legacy Pack and the purchase thereof.

crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi all! I have a question regarding paying for the Legacy Pack through PayPal. I just paid for mine today, and it says it's currently in the review process; I suspect, in spite of it saying it will be done "shortly," that it will take at least two to three business days. What concerns me is if it takes any longer than that. If the review process has not been completed by next Tuesday, does that mean my account is not flagged and I therefore do not receive the Legacy Pack? Please respond as soon as possible, as this is causing me a lot of worry and I'd like to know as soon as possible if I need to find an alternative payment solution. Thank you!
Post edited by crimsonmagnus on

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had that before on my first use of PP w/ PWE. Takes 24hrs-ish. I think it's more of a PP thing confirming that PWE is legit, than a PWE thing. I'm sure when PP sees a payment to China, they like to double-check.;)
  • Options
    galvanizedquarkgalvanizedquark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And as a reminder, Branflakes has said repeatedly that the packs are not going away, the only limited aspect about them is the price. As you have already given them money, I would assume that means you will get the pack regardless of when the transaction clears.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the review does tend to consist of the confirmation email being sent to you, which gives you a link to click to confirm your purchase.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    quanmanchuquanmanchu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine went through right away... weird.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all! I have a question regarding paying for the Legacy Pack through PayPal. I just paid for mine today, and it says it's currently in the review process; I suspect, in spite of it saying it will be done "shortly," that it will take at least two to three business days. What concerns me is if it takes any longer than that. If the review process has not been completed by next Tuesday, does that mean my account is not flagged and I therefore do not receive the Legacy Pack? Please respond as soon as possible, as this is causing me a lot of worry and I'd like to know as soon as possible if I need to find an alternative payment solution. Thank you!

i did mine the other day, paid for it, waited a few minutes checked the email and found it was not yet confirmed payment until i clicked a link in that email that took me to that page where it was then confirmed as purchased. doubly making sure that the avatar option for the forum account can use the 'survivor of romulus' tag. had no problems since.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I still wish they would have made Romulan's an independant faction with flotillas inplace of star bases.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did mine the other day, paid for it, waited a few minutes checked the email and found it was not yet confirmed payment until i clicked a link in that email that took me to that page where it was then confirmed as purchased. doubly making sure that the avatar option for the forum account can use the 'survivor of romulus' tag. had no problems since.

^This!^ It worked the same way for me, in the mailbox you registered in your STO account you should have an e-mail asking you to confirm the purchase by clicking on a link that will take you to the same page that says it's being rewieved, only this time it will say it's completed.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quanmanchu wrote: »
    I still wish they would have made Romulan's an independant faction with flotillas inplace of star bases.

STO doesn't need a half-assed Quarrian rip off.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    simple test try changing your forum title
    if its gone on you can join me as a survivor of Romulus
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Because a neutered pseudo-faction is that much better. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    quanmanchu wrote: »
    Because a neutered pseudo-faction is that much better. :rolleyes:

Compared to a neutered pseudo-faction blatantly ripped from another IP?

Absolutely.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my payment with paypal took about 5sec

ive heard of people saying it takes along time but dont see why. it should be almost instant thats the joy of online paying.

maybe they are really busy or something.?

id wait a few and then try refesh page
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll be paying for my Legacy Pack on Friday Morning.

I submitted a Ticket to Billing to ask if I could get a refund on the Starter Pack I bought a few weeks back or $19.99 taken off the price of the Legacy Pack or at the very least the equivalent in Zen added to my Account but I've yet to get a response.

I'm not about to waste the $19.99 ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013

too late, give veril her hood, and you will definately get a quarian look to the whole thing xD.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    too late, give veril her hood, and you will definately get a quarian look to the whole thing xD.

I'd argue that five fingers, a functional immune system, thriving colony worlds and a society not based on ships and nomadic star-travel (not to mention Veril's significant lack of hips) more or less outweighs any passing similarity to the Quarian scenario.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Legacy pack is VERY tempting, but I settled on the Starter pack in the end. I'd rather save the money and hold out for a Lifetime Subscription sale.

I bought my LTS during STO's open Beta over 3 years ago and I think I got a great return on my investment.

I really like what I've seen while I was beta testing LOR on Tribble for the last couple of weeks and I decided that I want to support Cryptic's effort by purchasing the Legacy Pack.

A couple of months back I would have never dreamed of giving Cryptic anymore of my money but the quality that I've seen so far in LOR has renewed some of my enthusiasm for STO and if the money that I throw at them now goes towards funding more content of the same quality has LOR then I'll see it has money well spent.

I would have picked up the Legacy Pack earlier this month but a couple of surprise expenses popped up that drained most of our budget.

Paydays coming :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, I should have clarified: I didn't technically purchase it with Paypal, I simply paid for it with an e-check directly from my bank account, which I suppose explains the delay in confirmation. However, I just checked my Paypal account, and it says that the purchase will be pending until May 20. That's cutting it pretty close, but it's good enough for me!

... Unless one of you knows something about this process that I don't. :D Thanks again for all the responses!