test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change power level reduction from adjusted to base causes incorrect cap.

hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
With the change in how power levels are handled after the patch on the 13th, i.e. that your total pool of power points to divide up is 160 instead of 200 rather than applying a 10-point penalty to each system after you've set it, we have an unintentional cap on our power levels that is lower than what was likely intended.

The problem is that 25 is still the minimum amount of power you can put into a system, so once you've allocated 25 points to, for example, shields, engines and aux, you only have 85 points to devote to weapons instead of the "90" max you could get under the old one...and in doing so, you have NO control over how the rest of your power is allocated.

To correct this, the minimum power level you can set for a particular power needs to be reduced to 15 on a warbird, or 20 for the T'liss; the maximum should then be lowered to 90. This will allow captains to assign the same ranges of power...just less to each.

On the bright side, once fixed, if I'm understanding how efficiency calculates its effects, Warbird captains should get just a bit more of an effect out of Efficiency, as (if I understand it correctly) efficiency calculates based on ASSIGNED power rather than adjusted power. This should be allowed to stand, as a warbird captain who stacks efficiency to get a couple more points of power to offset the warbird penalty is still giving up other potential BOff-based buffs (e.g. Operative, Subterfuge, Leadership)

Comments

• Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought they were a little low on distribution. In the words of Arnold, "Put it back!"
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker