test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rom Alien Female character creation bugs

jmanwinjmanwin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Romulan faction Alien Females have numerous character creation restrictions that do not apply to Romulan faction Alien Males or Fed/KDF Aliens of either gender. The easiest to spot examples are:

Height: Rom Alien Female limited to 1.68 to 1.92m, all other aliens get 1.37 to 2.13m.

Eye Color: Small number of options for Rom Alien Female, all other Aliens get the full palette.

Sliders: I'm not sure if it's all face and body sliders or just some, but the easiest to test are Eye Width and Nose Height. Very little difference where you put the slider on Rom Alien Female compared to other Aliens. Try any other alien and then try a Rom faction Alien Female and you'll easily see the difference at the extremes. Most body proportions (arm/leg length, bulk etc) also seem a bit off from other aliens, but not as dramatically. Basically, I needed to put the body sliders in different places to create an alien with similar proportions to my fed alien, but I wasn't pushing the extremes in those sliders to begin with.

If I had to guess, I think the issue is that a bunch of Romulan character creation restrictions were copied over to the female Aliens in the Rom faction.

Again, I couldn't find any of these issues with Male Rom Faction Aliens, which leads me to believe that these restrictions weren't intentional.
Post edited by jmanwin on

Comments

• colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There should be NO ALIENS for Romulans period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darklordderpydarklordderpy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive noticed this too, Its the reason I have not made a romulan faction character yet
  • poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not a bug. The Romulan alien generator was deliberately made more limited than the other 2 factions.

Feature, not bug.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    This is not a bug. The Romulan alien generator was deliberately made more limited than the other 2 factions.

Feature, not bug.

^This.

It must not be confused with the multitude of existing bugs. This is not a bug, but a so-called feature. I do admit, it can be hard for the newcommer to differentiate on such Things in STO.
    /Floozy
  • darklordderpydarklordderpy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure? the male alien isnt effected and the eye colour selection only has romulan colour options, while the other colour settings are normal.
  • amasa0707amasa0707 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Currently, the Romulan male alien gen works the same as the Fed and KDF alien gens do. The only exception currently is the Romulan female alien.

Currently, one (and possibly the only) major issue is with certain physical features, consisting of height, facial and head, and body.

I also think they lack some certain Romulan hairstyles, but that's more of a side problem.

I request that the devs fix or at least comment on this problem.