test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Access Foundry Missions Though Holodecks?

ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
There is a holodeck on our Starbase. One on Bajor (if I remember correctly) and in general I have come across holodecks here and there. But they do nothing. Just a big, empty holodecky looking room.

If they aren't going to be used for anything, can we at least access Foundry missions from the holodecks? It seems like a natural fit, as the foundry missions aren't canon and considered not "official".

It seems like a natural mechanic to enter a holodeck, pick a "scenario" and play away.

What'dya say?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps an intermediary step before they implement such a large change as what you are proposing*.

Have the Holodeck be an interactive area that you can perform different functions in, for rewards such as fleet marks, Romulan marks, Nukara marks, ECs, gear, the rare special reward, etc. All you have to do is walk in, hope you don't interrupt Worf's calinesthetics program, choose from a randomly cycling menu of holoprograms, and start it up (cue map change).

*Currently, to start a Foundry mission, you must head to an already designated start point, such as the infamous wall console on ESD. Having that line of code rewritten so every Foundry mission in existence can also be started from a different location would be an arduous task. Not to mention when someone finds a loophole in Cryptic's coding.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!