test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attack Pattern Delta...has its time come?

hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Before the wipe, I had a Mogai Retrofit set up fairly heavily for offense in both tac and science, and very light on heals and defense (EPtS1, TSS2 and HE2, IIRC), and found myself still being a little too squishy for my liking. Although it turns out that idiotic targetting was probably sending half my heals and defensive buffs to my HYTs, but that's beside the point.

I was looking for what I could do to improve the situation, and started looking to my tac stations to see if there was anything I could do, and noticed Attack Pattern Delta for the first time. +20 resistance, good, good...damage resistance reduction to anyone hitting me, very nice...stealth reduction to those hitting me?

I'm wondering, with the increased availability of cloaking vessels, do you think we might see more use of APD, especially to counter the Enhanced Battle Cloak? That was my first time using it, so I've never really considered its potential before. Thoughts?
Post edited by hyouki on

Comments

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hyouki wrote: »
    Thoughts?

My thoughts: Your Mogai setup is probably going to have to change drastically, Delta or no Delta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been using Delta ever since I jumped into space pvp. Maybe it's cause I'm too lazy to train my bridge officers every day, but I've noticed the jump in survivability in STFs.

I haven't really had much experience with its cloak reduction capabilities as I rarely get into premades that go into the FvK space queues (going solo is a death sentence), but I have a feeling it won't matter against most of the new Romulan pilots who don't know how cloak works. They'll probably try battle cloaking within 3km and wonder why their cloak just got disabled.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had a wicked thought.

A science ship(or any ship with the needed boff stations)

APD
    FBP
    PH with the FBP doff
    Nukara space set
    Sci captain with the new conservation of energy trait (+10% exotic damage, stacks 3 times)
    Some romulan science particle gen consoles +threat [pla] ( I think it will add plasma damage to FBP Not sure never tried)
    Nukara weapons set
    BFAW

Sit back and watch your enemy kill itself.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=antialpha1_0
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • ulyssessolo16ulyssessolo16 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how were you able to get a mogai retrofit, I can't seem to get the z-store ships?
  • hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might as well reply to the whole thread. :P
    radkip wrote: »
    I've been using Delta ever since I jumped into space pvp. Maybe it's cause I'm too lazy to train my bridge officers every day, but I've noticed the jump in survivability in STFs.

I haven't really had much experience with its cloak reduction capabilities as I rarely get into premades that go into the FvK space queues (going solo is a death sentence), but I have a feeling it won't matter against most of the new Romulan pilots who don't know how cloak works. They'll probably try battle cloaking within 3km and wonder why their cloak just got disabled.

Re: APD survivability, good to know.

Sadly, I'm probably going to be one of those ones using Battle Cloak poorly for a while. Even after grinding to 50 I wasn't really thinking ahead to make proper use of it.
    I just had a wicked thought.

A science ship(or any ship with the needed boff stations)

APD
    FBP
    PH with the FBP doff
    Nukara space set
    Sci captain with the new conservation of energy trait (+10% exotic damage, stacks 3 times)
    Some romulan science particle gen consoles +threat [pla] ( I think it will add plasma damage to FBP Not sure never tried)
    Nukara weapons set
    BFAW

Sit back and watch your enemy kill itself.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=antialpha1_0

Iiiiiiinteresting...will have to look that over to evaluate. ^_^

Oh, and if it works, that simply MUST be named the "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself" build. ^_^
    how were you able to get a mogai retrofit, I can't seem to get the z-store ships?

Prior to the wipe, my Romulan got the veteran VA ship token (haven't checked to see if my new one got it). A fair number of people thought you could only get the T'varo or Dhelan Retrofit because those were made available at 40 (apparently they didn't see the bit in the dev diary that said those two were the exceptions); I ground my way up to 50 and bam, it was available.

Dunno if that'll be the case on Holodeck. I might also go with the new science vessel at T5, haven't looked at the stats closely yet.