test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Tutorial

jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I'm not sure if this has been fixed, but when I made a new character- my third- I was able to get through. My first two were Orion Tactical, but my third was a Klingon Borg Science.

I'm not sure if that made a difference.
Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
Post edited by jshign on

Comments

• corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you mean the bug involving the Seg'pa, probably not. I'd gotten through it with an Orion Tactical.

The whole thing feels like a timing bug.
  • jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corethl wrote: »
    If you mean the bug involving the Seg'pa, probably not. I'd gotten through it with an Orion Tactical.

The whole thing feels like a timing bug.

Ok, thank you for that.
    Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
    Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
    Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So one just has to wait?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...for how long?
    Waiting 3 minutes now.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ground portion of the tutorial seems to work pretty well up to when they do space sequences, during the prisoner transfer sequence my BoP a Vor'cha and a Galaxy are all just sitting near each other on screen, the Vorcha does an uncloaking animation even though it wasn't cloaked to begin with, then a bunch of interior damage sequences seem to come out of nowhere, I'm assuming the animation for the cutscenes haven't been fully scripted yet. The prisoner whom I'm assuming is Drake is a really forthcoming arrogant git, be nice if we could torture him a bit, please let us torture him, he's been asking for it for so long.
    After the first space combat sequences and killing a Centaur and a few Mirandas things go off the rails. I've reached the Seg'pa and the re-enforcements arrived but Federation doesn't appear, tried logging out and rejoining, once back in now the Seg'pa is missing, just the K'tinga and the BoP are in the marked region and still no Federation. I tried flying around the entire map and found no Federation targets, flying to the edge of the map just spawns you back at the starting point. Klingon tutorial is broken for me and can't be completed. I can't drop it so I'll try a re-roll and play-through again to see if I can get through it.
    It's too bad, the ground part of the tutorial seemed to be pretty good up to that point. Hopefully after a re-roll I can get past the tutorial, I do want to try the new content at lower levels. If the re-roll doesn't work I'm just gonna wait for the next tribble patch rather than porting over one of my Holodeck klinks.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • gettorixgettorix Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried the tutorial twice, and got stuck at the same point both times. I'm assuming it'll get fixed, it's beta...
    I'm glad the certain female KDF officer gets killed (trying to be spoiler free) as she sounded like she slipped into a pirate accent a couple of times. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a Klingon borg character (engineer)

I to get to the Seg'pa and the mission will not complete.

Otherwise, love the story line thus far.

:confused:
  • pucelpucelpucelpucel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ask4spock1 wrote: »
    I made a Klingon borg character (engineer)

I to get to the Seg'pa and the mission will not complete.

Otherwise, love the story line thus far.

:confused:

It is definitely very... Klingon. I think. Its hard to tell with all the bugs what exactly is happening when. I've been trying to not actually read the text or listen to the VOs so that when it goes live there's still something interesting... So it took me a while to realize the ships in the cut scene were behaving oddly. Then of course... Waiting and nothing happened. My reinforcements eventually showed up to help with the Sed'pa, but nothing to actually attack.