test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulan Reputation?

collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but is there going to be a separate Romulan reputation for LOR apart from the one that started with Season 7?

I haven't been on Tribble because I don't want to spoil the final release.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
Post edited by collegepark2151 on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they'll ne sneaky and edit it so we're the ones leaving all these Tholian and Romulan access codes about :P
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's the same Romulan Reputation from Season 7.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same reputation. There is a new reputation, but it's not Romulan related.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't imagine Republic chars farming New Romulus reputation.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because as a citizen of your country, you're automatically entitled to the highest respect and best equipment they have available.

The circumstances of your joining the flotilla don't help greatly, either, and some spoilers in the campaign would leave some understandable doubt.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Because as a citizen of your country, you're automatically entitled to the highest respect and best equipment they have available.

The circumstances of your joining the flotilla don't help greatly, either, and some spoilers in the campaign would leave some understandable doubt.

No, but the fact that you are honored as a hero and given a ship seems like a disconnect when they tell you "oh, you earned our respect enough to get this big powerful ship, but you still have to earn it again to get this other stuff".

Personally, I think Reputations for a specific faction (i.e. New Romulus) should be unlocked for that faction early on, so they can earn reputation as they level. There should also be analogous reputations for the Federation and Klingon Empire, with similar rewards that Romulans cannot earn until they reach level 50.

• Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see Fed reputation for Fed aligned Rommies and Klink reputation for KDF aligned Rommies.

Simply because it makes no sense for them to farm their own repu bar.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see Fed reputation for Fed aligned Rommies and Klink reputation for KDF aligned Rommies.

Simply because it makes no sense for them to farm their own repu bar.

I definitely agree with this.
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cuatela wrote: »

Personally, I think Reputations for a specific faction (i.e. New Romulus) should be unlocked for that faction early on, so they can earn reputation as they level. There should also be analogous reputations for the Federation and Klingon Empire, with similar rewards that Romulans cannot earn until they reach level 50.

I agree with this, otherwise there are some things that don't make sense
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I questioned this many times, your Romulan character has helped found New Romulus, so why are we building reputation on something we should've already have reputation for.

Seems silly.

And on top of it on Tribble they merged the Fleet and Reputation grinding into a 3 hour block with 6 hours between events. Which means everyone is going to be grinding. And people are just plain tired of grinding.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I questioned this many times, your Romulan character has helped found New Romulus, so why are we building reputation on something we should've already have reputation for.

Seems silly.

You're supporting the Republic's efforts to build a colony on Mol'Rihan by donating resources. Makes sense to me.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cuatela wrote: »

Indeed, I agree.