Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 7, 2013

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I opened 240 lockboxes on Tribble tonight, and only pulled two on the Romulan mirror ships (one Ha'apax, one Ha'nom - I have opened around 100 dominion boxes and no luck). I will continue trying, but it looks like the drop rate is significantly lower than the other faction ships.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I luv the changes, butt next time, please tell us in advance when you're wiping the character database on Tribble. :p
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I luv the changes, butt next time, please tell us in advance when you're wiping the character database on Tribble. :p

I'm just curious, but what would you have done if you had a few days advance notice? It's not like you can move things off.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the Romulan players should have the ability to purchase Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 KDF or Fed Starships with their Free Ship Token also, so it can give lower level Romulans players more flexibility depending on their profession class and/or if they wanna try something different. cause i don't think Veteran players would be willing to put alot of dilithium to buy lower tier KDF/Fed ships and Newbie players would not be able to have the dilithium to afford them and if they can, they would most likely save it up for tier 5 items or C-store stuff.

If the Romulans and KDF/Feds are allies, i don't think the KDF and Feds would mind giving their technically inferior obsolete lower tier ships to their Romulan allies for a Free Ship Token under their own version of ''Lend-Lease'' to the Romulan Republic.

As for my Rommie char, i will still stick with the Romulan Warbirds since my Rommie gonna be a Xenophobe when it comes to Starships, but can't say the same about space sets and weapons at tier 5...
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, there are substantial differences and the longer you wait until Warbird changes the worst the issue became since at T1 and T2 its not really a problem, T3 is when things start to matter and T4 is pretty much were you have to know how things work.

What you are saying is you can jump from a ship with certain mechanics to another with different mechanics without a problem, even "veterans" realize Warbirds are rather different that KDF and Fed ships, what you want is a noob trap because at T5 comes into play the Romulan Cloaking mechanics, lower power levels and the singularity abilities.

All i say players should have more choices to use their Free Ship Token at Tier 2, 3 and 4.

So what KDF/Fed ships Romulan players can use at level 1-9 (Tier 1) with no KDF/Fed alignment.

Those Romulan's mechanics u speak (Cloak/Lower Power Levels/Singularity Abilities) is not really hard to figure out unless ur very incompetent or a Fed not able to adapt or build upon the lower power level's or use these sig abilities in an effective manner. ''Veterans'' already knows the differences so that's not a problem, and if other players don't understand it... let them fall into their own ''Noob Trap'', that will be their own problem for not reading.

u assuming that Romulan's players at Tier 5 can only use Rommie ships with sig abilities and they cant' use tier 5 KDF/Fed ships. but they can still use Jem'hadar ships, Tholian Ships, Ferengi D'kora, Cardassian Galor and many more in the future, if they choose to do so.