test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Large Fleet Costs Idea

tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
its clear that the biggest problem with the current system is the difficulty in generating fleet-credit. 500 fleet-credit-starved members keep all the projects on non-stop cool-down. this perpetuates the dearth of fleet-credit. the fleet projects need to give more fleet-credit in return, preferably triple the current amount. obviously we would need to triple the cost of each project as well, and that is a change we would welcome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or, if we want an unselfish idea that considers the work and effort others have put into their own fleet, i have but one suggestion:
    create a system that allows two fleets to ally and contribute to each others projects while collecting the fleet-credit in their own fleets. allow a usergroup-based permission to also grant access to fleet stores.
    instead of lowering the bar again, give large fleets the ability to help others while helping themselves.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2013
    the entire fleet system is flawed..

what you propose would exhaust all fleet provisions causing a huge shortage in the fleet store..

large fleets have a huge issue with its members "trying" out all the fleet gear...
    i think the provisions need to be raised instead of FC earned.. some people have millions of fleet credits but nothing to spend them on.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The simplest way I guess with the least problems would be to allow cooperations between smaller fleets like alliances such that the total member cap is below those of normal fleets and then allow shared projects either allowing everyone to donate or just to have every XP earned by one member of the alliance counts for all.
    That would basically mean that you have a large fleet basically but with each having to do its own special projects, its own provisioning and upgrades. Just when it comes to XP they indirectly help each other. So every small fleet could maintain its control over its own starbase and stuff but gets a little help from other fleets in the alliance while lvling up.

Ofc you have to modify XP earned based on the current tier and stuff such that if a T1 sci project is finished by one fleet it doesnt give the other fleets that maybe have T4 sci the same amount of xp, but have it scaled based on the diffrence of the tiers.

In the end you would have a large fleet basically consisting of a larger number of small fleets acting like a large one, but each keeping their local control AND need to do provisions/special projects/...
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is up to the fleet's officers to ensure the fleet is run smoothly -- this includes opportunities for fleet credits and is an issue that primarily affects larger fleets.

In my fleets we run those around the clock in order to give people the chance to contribute no matter what time of day or location in the world he or she is at. If you can't get fleet credits, you can't buy anything in the fleet store which defeats the purpose of having high-level holdings if you can't personally use them.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue is bo's.
    Cryptic's decision to have 90 sec and 90 tac (and not 180 tac) as a requirement (example) makes t5 super hard.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An alliance system would solve a lot of heart ache on the fleets ( large and small ) . Instead of fleets different sizes looking for special treatment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    The issue is bo's.
    Cryptic's decision to have 90 sec and 90 tac (and not 180 tac) as a requirement (example) makes t5 super hard.

From personal experience, after T3 is when the Boff issues starts getting really aggrivating.

As to the OPs point though, all that is needed are certain special projects that require obscene amounts of fleet marks.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    the entire fleet system is flawed..

what you propose would exhaust all fleet provisions causing a huge shortage in the fleet store..

large fleets have a huge issue with its members "trying" out all the fleet gear...
    i think the provisions need to be raised instead of FC earned.. some people have millions of fleet credits but nothing to spend them on.

there are 900 fleet ship provisions sitting in the shipyard right now. another 900 provisions will not solve this issue, but more fleet-credit would.