test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To Cryptic : Thank You

originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
I just want to give Cryptic a simple thank you for all that you have done to make Star Trek Online a fun, positive, adventure filled home away from home. I believe you guys have made one of the most positive experiences I have ever had the privilege of been a part of. Every time I login to the game, I often see positive humor, Trek stories, and a general friendly atmosphere. I thank you for building a game that truly shows what humanity can strive to be. I thank you Dstahl for taking time out of your day to answer many questions that are asked by Fans, new players, and critics alike. Through the years of playing this game, the experience and changes have only sought, and have enriched my experience. Under the big guns, torpedo's, and fast engines, and waves of evil baddies, there is a message in this game, that no other mmo I have seen has, respect for one another, even as KDF,FED, and now ROM have bitterly divisive differences the sides are not perfect divisions, and there are times which even from time to time an enemy, can be vital allies. This is a very much more real example of the real world that I think the visionaries from Cryptic and Gene Roddenberry himself wanted to see this game and the series, and movies too see beyond race,color, creed, or gender. This game is into the looking glass of a real purpose, and to that I thank all of the employees of Cryptic for all of your hard work into turning my experience into a true one of a kind Star Trek experience. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

LLAP
Regards,
Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wholeheartedly agree. This is the only MMO I play (purely because it's Star Trek) and I'm more than happy with it. I really can't give in to the cynicism and negativity because, really, this game doesn't have to exist at all, and I'm grateful that it does.
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aside from being sorely disappointed by Cryptic's mismanagement of and lack of communication over one issue, this game is still pretty good and fun to play. LoR looks amazing on Tribble and it will only make the game feel bigger and better. Personally I would like to thank all but one of the Cryptic devs for the way they have built this game over the last three years.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad that the OP created this thread. Far too often we find negativity and rudeness in these forums. Certainly all members of the community have the right to express their feelings, vent their frustrations and offer constructive criticism - and many valid points are brought up. However, the anonymity of the internet enables some of us to do this in ways we would never dare do face to face. It's important for each of us to take the time every now and then to pause and appreciate what we have; a fun filled STAR TREK game, created and run by a company that is clearly working hard to continually improve their product. We don't have to agree 100% with their direction, actions, or in-actions, but we should give credit where credit is due. So thank you, Cryptic, for a great game. It has, for me, been a source of tremendous enjoyment and a distraction from the pains and difficulties of the real world. Keep up the good work! :)
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hear, hear..

I whole-heartily agree with this thread and offer up my thanks to Cryptic.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Werd. Secret shame this is.....
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to honestly say that Cryptic has tried hard to make this a fun game. Yes there are things we all make not like but on the whole they do work hard to provide a fun and enjoyable game.

So I agree with the OP. The entire STO team has my thanks for the work they put in to provide a fun and enjoyable environment.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    It's all our pleasure :) And we thank you for the support and playing!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO is the best MMO I've played along with SWG.

Keep it up :).
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I can say that I do not agree with many of the design choices and short cuts that this game has fallen prey to;

I am also grateful that the game exists. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have kept spending money on it after buying a lifetime sub.

Just keep listening to us and responding to us, and we will keep playing.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys for the awesome game. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It finally nice to see a few people say thanks, this game is HUGE and hard to keep running with no flaws at all. With the story line being anything at all, and progress how they want in line with whoever, I think they have done a great job. You will not be able to please everyone all the time, (that's a fact) I think they have done good. The only thing Id like to see is maybe a new mini game come out every 3 months to keep the game going even more. Well done to you CRYPTIC I have been playing the game for 2 years almost everyday and love it. I look forward to what you have coming next.

I just want to give Cryptic a simple thank you for all that you have done to make Star Trek Online a fun, positive, adventure filled home away from home. I believe you guys have made one of the most positive experiences I have ever had the privilege of been a part of. Every time I login to the game, I often see positive humor, Trek stories, and a general friendly atmosphere. I thank you for building a game that truly shows what humanity can strive to be. I thank you Dstahl for taking time out of your day to answer many questions that are asked by Fans, new players, and critics alike. Through the years of playing this game, the experience and changes have only sought, and have enriched my experience. Under the big guns, torpedo's, and fast engines, and waves of evil baddies, there is a message in this game, that no other mmo I have seen has, respect for one another, even as KDF,FED, and now ROM have bitterly divisive differences the sides are not perfect divisions, and there are times which even from time to time an enemy, can be vital allies. This is a very much more real example of the real world that I think the visionaries from Cryptic and Gene Roddenberry himself wanted to see this game and the series, and movies too see beyond race,color, creed, or gender. This game is into the looking glass of a real purpose, and to that I thank all of the employees of Cryptic for all of your hard work into turning my experience into a true one of a kind Star Trek experience. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

LLAP
    Regards,
    Mike
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree! However I do wish it was more like real Star Trek where you almost always try to talk before shooting. In STO it seems like its always "lets go in guns a blazing" and that was never the way it was in Star Trek. It may have come to a fight but there was always talking before the fight, well almost always.

That is about the only negative thing I have to say about STO, other then that I love the game and its the only MMO I subscribe to currently.
  • cifer2020cifer2020 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 to Cryptic for sure. You guys have managed to keep my interest where many MMO's have failed. Your recent work has been superb and I only look forward to what the future has in store for STO.
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Seriously?

You are here to sing Cryptics praises, while NOT being able to play the game AGAIN for the THIRD time this week? No, when cryptic messes up they are gonna get called out on it. And with the release of neverwinter, they are botching up 2 games at the same time, all because they dont want the expense of a second server.

On top of that, there are features missing from this game that should have been in it from the start, the game is laggy as hell, again because of the fact all cryptics games are on one server. The Foundry is a piece of junk and most of the features that were promised, were never delivered on.

Yeah, bang up job there Cryptic.
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Seriously?

You are here to sing Cryptics praises, while NOT being able to play the game AGAIN for the THIRD time this week? No, when cryptic messes up they are gonna get called out on it. And with the release of neverwinter, they are botching up 2 games at the same time, all because they dont want the expense of a second server.

On top of that, there are features missing from this game that should have been in it from the start, the game is laggy as hell, again because of the fact all cryptics games are on one server. The Foundry is a piece of junk and most of the features that were promised, were never delivered on.

Then why do you play? There must be something you enjoy about the game and that's what this thread is about.
    edited May 2013
    Then why do you play? There must be something you enjoy about the game and that's what this thread is about.

I never said that there wasnt, but, Im not stupid enough as to lie to myself about the state of the game. The game is broken, servers are especially broken. Trying to run 3 games from one server is stupidity of the highest order.

And even you cannot argue against the points that I have made because, each and every one of them is true.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM

everyone listen to this peace of music while you read every comment where people ***** about everything.

Ty Cryptic for this game , got stuck in this game for over 1 year and i love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    plox21 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM

everyone listen to this peace of music while you read every comment where people ***** about everything.

Ty Cryptic for this game , got stuck in this game for over 1 year and i love it.

Ummm...excuse me. PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS GAME!!! Get of your horse, looking down your nose at others and realize that cryptic is supposed to be providing a service for PAYING CUSTOMERS!! If you went into a restaurant, ordered a meal and it never arrived by closing time, would you be upset? What about if you bought a car that only worked sometimes? Or a fridge that only worked 50% of the time.

Dont you dare look down your nose at others who are complaining that they aren't getting what they paid for. Height of Arrogant Elitism!
    edited May 2013
    I never said that there wasnt, but, Im not stupid enough as to lie to myself about the state of the game. The game is broken, servers are especially broken. Trying to run 3 games from one server is stupidity of the highest order.

And even you cannot argue against the points that I have made because, each and every one of them is true.

Funny, I don't recall making you the spokesperson for all of us nor do I agree with all of your opinions...oh, and that's exactly what they are: opinions. I have my own as well, but this thread is not the place for them.
    edited May 2013
    Funny, I don't recall making you the spokesperson for all of us nor do I agree with all of your opinions...oh, and that's exactly what they are: opinions. I have my own as well, but this thread is not the place for them.

This is a forum, we can post what we want where we want within the guidelines. And I never said I was a spokesman for you so stop trying to Strawman me. But, if you bothered pulling your head out for air now and then, you would see that a lot of people are upset...and Im just one of them. Now, run along.
    edited May 2013
    Ummm...excuse me. PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS GAME!!! Get of your horse, looking down your nose at others and realize that cryptic is supposed to be providing a service for PAYING CUSTOMERS!! If you went into a restaurant, ordered a meal and it never arrived by closing time, would you be upset? What about if you bought a car that only worked sometimes? Or a fridge that only worked 50% of the time.

Dont you dare look down your nose at others who are complaining that they aren't getting what they paid for. Height of Arrogant Elitism!

And you seem to revel in your own smug sense of self importance. "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" ;)
    edited May 2013
    And you seem to revel in your own smug sense of self importance. "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" ;)

Hope for change....hmmmmm.......

Dear Cryptic, Sector Control Persistent PvP.

Thank you.
    edited May 2013
    This is a forum, we can post what we want where we want within the guidelines. And I never said I was a spokesman for you so stop trying to Strawman me. But, if you bothered pulling your head out for air now and then, you would see that a lot of people are upset...and Im just one of them. Now, run along.

Talk about an elitist attitude... All you've shown is that you're attempting to force your opinions upon others and everyone else is a sack of dung just because we may or may not agree with you. Talking down to others gets you nowhere, but keep that condescending talk up while you're safely behind your computer as cowards so often do.

Anyway, on-topic, I agree with the OP and am pleased with the work that Cryptic is doing. This is the only mmorpg that I've managed to stick with for more than a year.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    STO is the best MMO I've played along with SWG.Keep it up :).

yeah sto is awesome, just think if they could make spaceflight like swg had it, in full 3d they would dominate the mmo market for the forseeable future.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the irony here...
  • vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to say that I am thankful for all your hard work and patience. I appreciate that you have generated new content and kept the servers up for as long as you have and when they go down you are quick to respond. WOW was never that way. In the first days I was on ... the server crashed daily and then it was down for months and it brought me here. I wanted to thank you for all your hard work and dedication. As a former customer service business manager, I know how hard it is to hear the thank you amongst the static of negative feedback. I do, however, feel that if you want a better feed back you should respond to the feeds and posts on cheating and OP issues. Even if the only thing you can say is: please be patient we are looking into this, it will still give people a feeling of being heard.

I wanted to tell you guys one more thing. If you ever need to give out rules or instructions, I think if you tweet, facebook, forum rant and basically send an announcement in game to "teach" others about what is looked for or what is needed- it may give a better idea to everyone on what to do in a bug situation and how to report it easier. Thank you for doing an outstanding job and keep on bringing me new stuff to play. I challenge you to show me the Q homeworld and what they do for a holiday. Thank you guys! *smile* may the continum flow with you and show you the infinite realities and infinite spaces that exist at the same time to create a universe such as this.
  • vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok ok.. yes I know I talk to much and think even more. I just wanted to let you know that if you needed to, look up the quotes from Gene Rodenberry and see what he said about the way of the world and use that quote for inspiration on the threads to see how many others agree or disagree and KEEP TRACK of the facts and statistics and ANNOUNCE them! LOL thank you guys for the hard work.. I just wanted to send this for a chuckle