test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sector Control PvP

demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Now, I realize that this topic has probably been done to death, I know I have mentioned it in other posts, but, I think that it is important that we keep getting at cryptic. I know that right now, we are all looking for some sort of measure of our chosen factions effectiveness and some way to have a persistence to its dominance.

To be perfectly honest, this is something that should have been in the game from day one and, as of yet, I cannot think of any reason why it wasnt. Its...a content generator without actually generating any content. It keeps the endgame interesting and gives fleets and factions something to strive for on a daily basis.

The question is, with the Romulan expansion coming out soon, how long are we going to have to wait for a game component that could keep the STO community occupied almost indefinitely fighting over planets, star systems and sectors? Hell, you could even give empire wide bonuses depending on how much territory they control across persistent PvP maps.

I am interested in what others have to say about this topic and how they would approach it, how it could be incorporated with current fleets and fleet base mechanics and what they would like to see in such a system.

Please, let me know what you think and what you could like to see.