test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

weapons

noverinenoverine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Academy
whats a good combo of beam array for fore and aft i currently have 2 anti proton 1 polaron,
1disruptor fore all beam array for the aft i have 1 prototype andorian phaser array 1 kineic cutting beam mk xii and 1anti proron is i am currently using a odyssey tactical cruiser is there a better combo for me
Post edited by noverine on

Comments

• aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop rainbowing, for starters. Use one energy type and get Tactical consoles that boost that energy.
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Typically when outfitting your vessel with weapon systems, you only want to use one type of energy weapon (By energy weapon, I mean beams and cannons of any type, but the same holds true to projectiles - mines and torpedo weapons - as well). By having a multitude of various weapon types (phasers, disruptors - what have you) you are limiting your overall damage potential that you could be boosting with damage specific tactical consoles.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't combo them. By having all your energy weapons as the same energy type (IE phasers), then you can stack all your tactical consoles to boost the same type and squeeze the most out. Multiple damage types decreases your overall damage, and some people will grief you for being a Rainbow or Skittle boat.

And for the common follow-up question of 'whats best then?' I tend to default to 'when in doubt, disruptors,' but there is a case to be made for every single type, depending on your purpose.
  • noverinenoverine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im looking for disruptors beam array it seams not be available in the store
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noverine wrote: »
    im looking for disruptors beam array it seams not be available in the store

depends which store you are talking about. In the starbase there are two stores: One is for energy credits and it only sells white odd mark weapons (mark 1, 3, 5, 7, etc). The other takes dilithium and it sells green even mark weapons (mark 2, 4, 6, 8 etc).

If you want disruptors check on the auction house. Low-level ones are much more expensive than mark 10 and 11 because there's not a lot of them being generated in-game. Most people farm at max level. Still shouldn't be too hard to find some.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And for the common follow-up question of 'whats best then?' I tend to default to 'when in doubt, disruptors,' but there is a case to be made for every single type, depending on your purpose.

Even better Plasma-Disruptor hybrid beams. It has the chance of both the resistance debuff of disruptors, the DoT of plasma weapons, and with the possability of both proccing at the same time. It's main damage is disruptoor so coils would be the tac console for it.

Add to that they are free from a mission so repeating it at end game will get you Mk XI rare arrays.

I run a Dominion polaron boat, though I do have the full Jemhadar space set so that is a boost to it's damage before even looking at consoles.

OP take a look at this wiki page: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_Weapon (yes STO Wiki has moved it nows seems to be part of the curse network.)

You can click on the weapon type you're interested in and it will give details on it and if they are free from a mission which one gives them.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    OP take a look at this wiki page: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_Weapon (yes STO Wiki has moved it nows seems to be part of the curse network.)

You can click on the weapon type you're interested in and it will give details on it and if they are free from a mission which one gives them.
    Nice, I've been wanting to find someplace that listed info like this. Gracias!
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax