test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reporting People

terson777terson777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Is there any reason to report someone (as in does pwe care and do something about it) for sitting in an STF and just needing on loot and getting XP :mad:, or [insert snarky comment because you can't vote kick them from a public pve].
When it happens I just quit, im not supporting a leech.
Post edited by terson777 on

Comments

• Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    terson777 wrote: »
    Is there any reason to report someone (as in does pwe care and do something about it) for sitting in an STF and just needing on loot and getting XP :mad:, or [insert snarky comment because you can't vote kick them from a public pve].
    When it happens I just quit, im not supporting a leech.

Reporting leechers to a GM does not have any effect. The AFKers really used to annoy me but I decided that I will leave without much emotion if someone like that is in a public PvE.

Sometimes I also contact their fleet leader, and those who care about the reputation of their fleet will at least kick the leechers from their fleet or deal with them somehow.

We all should immediately leave a PvE if there is a leecher present to make it as hard and unprofitable for them as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had a leecher in my fleet reported to me.

we take that very seriously, however proving leeching claims is very difficult

and there can be many reasons why someone could appear to be leecher in a isolated incident, but not actually be leecher.

screen shots can sometimes help, so can multiple claims from various sources

also report the leecher to a GM

but the amount of leechers is relatively low, try to enjoy the game despite the leecher. Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 1 player who as far as I was concerned AFK in Khitomer a few weeks ago... At least untill a rogue cube decided that (s)he was a juicy target. After that the player was active during the whole eSTF.
  • Options
    nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people

And this is exactly why leeching works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,991 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also make it impossible to play the loot wheel when you are in the respawn countdown
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      bootyboots wrote: »
      I've had a leecher in my fleet reported to me.

we take that very seriously, however proving leeching claims is very difficult

and there can be many reasons why someone could appear to be leecher in a isolated incident, but not actually be leecher.

screen shots can sometimes help, so can multiple claims from various sources

also report the leecher to a GM

but the amount of leechers is relatively low, try to enjoy the game despite the leecher. Thankfully all of the PvEs can be easily completed with 4 people

Did not Branflakes give a way to report su h, pr am I miss rembering?

Love the forum name btw. Makes me think of my Wife in thigh stilletos and its fun to say.
      "bootyboots" <giggles>
      Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    • Options
      seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Ive been known to go AFK a few times in STFs, only for the reason that the team is utter fail, dont listen or just generally go out of their way to ruin any chance of half decent rewards, so I sit out the way and laugh at them, I stay typing though.
      Why would I do that rather than just leave? Not for the reward but more for the fact I dont want an hours leavers penalty slapped on me across all STFs because of a couple of idiots incapable of doing the simplest of tasks.
    • Options
      terson777terson777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I have no problem with people going afk. Real life happens. Its the people who just sit at the start and need on loot which i hate.
    • Options
      sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      if you see somone doing that right click on thiere name report to gm
      they are working on away to stop that to where you have to do stuff in mission to get rewards. they won't get much xp justing there.
      watch for logging out not leaving that is a new tactic
      don't worry customer service is watching STF's and PVP very close right.
      so just report them do a ticket they will pass it to Geko and then they will be banned
    • Options
      sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      i caught same dude in vault insared go off into corner do nothing till end i reported him twice
      the funny thing was it was 2 days in a row
    • Options
      mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I remember a Khitomer Vortex Elite STF that someone decided o just pop in and leech off of. I decided 'well, that's fine' until we got to Donatra, and I just baited her over to the where the leecher was parked and just let her blast him to parts. I laughed long and loud afterwards.
      sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
    • Options
      section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I posted a solution to this problem in the forums

Ultimate Cryptic Solution to AFKers [by Arnthebard]

I hope Cryptic takes a serious look at this simple solution.
    • Options
      midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Just out of curosity is there an official banned list kinda like the most wanted in the local post office?
    • Options
      m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      To be honest I have been doing stf's and now fleet events for some time now but until recently I actually never had a leecher or afker ingame.

But, you guessed it... I have encountered my very first saboteur of an stf (Khitomer Accord Space Normal)

The sob went off to the left side shooting stuff (I was right side, doing probe duty as usual...) and by doing that triggering the swarm of probes and spheres...

I wanted to report him so bad... But since I dont know exactly how to contact the fleetleader I let it slip...

In the meantime I have suffered more of these sob griefers, leechers, nicompoops and dickweeds...

What I want to know is; how can I contact their fleetleader?? I have heard the advice of pming the guy in question and ask who his fleetleader is... (I at the very least want him kicked from his fleet, and if at all possbile even strip him of his high end gear; so that he would have to go back to a less capable vessel, provided he still has some gear left... Would I mind that?? **** no...!)

Yeah, right... As if I am going to contact the guy that I want reported... Or should I do that?

PS; I have written down some names; ship names and fleet names... BUT I wont put 'em in here; that is not how I roll allthough they deserve it for getting a bad name and being an *******...

Is there any other way?

I apologize for hijacking the thread.
    • Options
      lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Use the search feature to find their fleetmates and contact them about the leader.
      Most fleet admirals will not appreciate this type of behavior flying under their flag.
    • Options
      johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      arnthebard wrote: »
      I posted a solution to this problem in the forums

Ultimate Cryptic Solution to AFKers [by Arnthebard]

I hope Cryptic takes a serious look at this simple solution.

i like your solution as well.. its easy simple and solves the problem basically without any need for cryptic/pwe to get involved
    • Options
      saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I ensure you that reporting does not help under any situation, once a guy went after me, insulting and stuff, I ansvered with clever comeback, he reported me, I got warned. The end.
      Say the word, it saves the world.
      CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
      Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    • Options
      m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Thanks for the answer.

Also my language could have been better, but that was simply venting...

I am actually not a bad (mouthed) person... only bad people make me go badmouthing.
    • Options
      kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Not all people mean to go AFK, between lag, server log-outs and bad PCs about of people have no choice.

Some people have reported me for it, when I couldnt join cause of the patching between maps
    • Options
      section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      i like your solution as well.. its easy simple and solves the problem basically without any need for cryptic/pwe to get involved

Thank You !!! At least you took the time to read the solution. You are quite correct in your hypothesis that it would be basically maintenance free.
    • Options
      corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Hello, I've been playing a while. After I first started I found out about STF... I looked over the information on them and knew - even though I was 50, that I was in no way prepared to join. Then one day I was trying to get into a 'lowbee' STF and accidentally got into an Elite one... YIKES! I immediately said that I made a mistake in joining, and more than one person said "It happens, kill! kill!" I did what I could and died more times than I'd admit. When it was over I apologized many times, everyone said that it happens and one said: "Now you at least see how Elite really is.." I also did this last month with the ?Hive Onslaught? and actually only died once as opposed to everyone else dying multiple times! YAY! lol Then I did that with the one where you protect that ship, wave after wave came... I told everyone upon entry that I got in here by accident, and again more than one person said that it happens. I was assigned to protect the ship and we only lasted till the 5 or 6th wave. Now I'm wondering if there's a bug there...

Anyway - for at least the last 6 months I too have seen leechers, players whom definitely do not know what they're doing or how to do it 'properly' and those whom just don't want to listen, and on a few occasions those whom are apparently trying their best to wreck the STF for others... I've also seen where people have different variations on what and how to do things and even been yelled at for not doing something, or doing it wrong, ect.

With that said, it seems that there's a 'lower level' of players entering the game or I'm just starting to run into them... Or we all are... Back then a lot of people where helpful and such and pretty much everyone worked as a team! YAY! Now-a-days that doesn't seem to happen as much, very sad.

I support Arnthebard's idea!!! But a little 'review' by the powers that be would be necessary in so far as say for example: If someone has more than 50 'ignores' - that person definitely needs to be reviewed!!! Because with that many ignores within STF's is an almost definite sign that 'they' are a leech! Now - come to think of it - maybe a bit of change to 'the system' would be necessary to indicate where that person was ignored would help 'the powers that be' although I'd imagine it wouldn't be much.
    • Options
      supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      I've reported afk players in Colony invasion, however i don't see Cryptic doing much and nothing about this issue, as in punishing the individual, Cryptic are in fact punishing themselves. Its potentially stopping a paying customer from playing the game and spending money if a ban is implemented, or losing that player from the game altogether.
      Now i know we wouldn't shed a tear to see the back of these types of players, and i can never understand entering a mission and going afk esp in Pug groups where you never know the strength of the team and being 1 man down could make completing the mission a lot longer than actually taking part.
    • Options
      kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Ive been known to go AFK a few times in STFs, only for the reason that the team is utter fail, dont listen or just generally go out of their way to ruin any chance of half decent rewards, so I sit out the way and laugh at them

:D Welcome to the club. It's especially fun to laugh if you're KDF or now a Rommy and just stealth, that way they can't lure things at you while you laugh.
    • Options
      tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Easy. If someone leeches, I encourage everybody to leave team before pushing the leave button.
      Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    • Options
      enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
      edited May 2013
      Not all people mean to go AFK, between lag, server log-outs and bad PCs about of people have no choice.

Some people have reported me for it, when I couldnt join cause of the patching between maps

Exactly. I had a couple STFs get so bad, my starship was stuck for half of the mission, even chat failed; nothing I could do about it except learn why it happened and try to fix it or to not get caught in that situation again. Someone immobilized by a technical issue is not a leach.