test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making Station Interior Dark

I am working on a Foundry Mission and I'm trying to find out how to make the Interior of the Minus Korva dark... I've been playing with the backdrops and I'm not really getting anything. Is there a way of just dimming the lights or getting rid of them?
Post edited by plasticwidow on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're trying to create the kind of darkness from "What Lies Beneath", no, there is no way to do that. The best you can do is use a night backdrop.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can achieve some pretty good results with custom interiors built in the sky of a ground map. I had to add firelight to a map, because it was just too dark to see.

With the interior backdrops, you are more limited.

If you're going for ultimate darkness, I recommend using the moon clearing and then finding a few dark backdrops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]