test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sneaky Picard and Data

abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
So we all know the last episode of Enterprise was just a holodeck recreation by an inexplicably older and slightly chunky Riker who spent his time talking to Deana. Well I am watching it now and something caught my eye.

During the scene in ten-forward as the camera pans over the room I noticed to figures in the background, at first I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me but after watching the same few seconds several times I realised that Picard and Data where in the episode too, even if it was not the same actors. Here are some screens, I know, I know they are blurry but remember they where in the background.

Picard and Data 1

Data

In the first one Data is kind of obscured and there is only a split second where you can make out his hair line hence the second pic. Those sneaky.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is funny. I never noticed that before. Saved themselves $200,000 by using stand-ins. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what makes you think those are "other actors" and they just didn't re-use the original film for the background?
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nope it is not Brent Spiner or Sir Patrick. While Spiner did provide his voice for the episode in a brief conversation with Deana over the comm he does not actually appear in the episode. Picard's voice in the end of the episode is just archive stuff.

Edit: Here is the conversation between Data and Troi

"Data to Counselor Troi."
    "Yes, Data?"
    "I was wondering if now may be the appropriate time to discuss the long-term effects of space travel on my positronic net."
    "Can I give you a rain check?"
    "You may... check me for rain if you wish Counselor, but I assure you I have no water in my..."
    "Data, I'll get back to you."

- Data discusses his issues with Troi over the com
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually, the background in the Ten Forward scene is taken from the episode "Menage a Troi" so they are all the original actors, if you look carefully, you can even spot Riker
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ahhh, so they are still sneaky for getting in there then. Sneaky, sneaky.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually, the background in the Ten Forward scene is taken from the episode "Menage a Troi" so they are all the original actors, if you look carefully, you can even spot Riker
    THIS

The Betazoid character (Reittan Grax) in the shot made it pretty obvious which episode it was cut from.

;)
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is an article about this on Ex Astris Scientia