test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game chrashes in Eta Eridani

thaliasurakthaliasurak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Since yesterdays patch, I can't go to Eta Eridani anymore. The game always chrashes, when I'm in that sector.

Now I have two toons ( Rom Fed and Rom KDF), which I can't log in anymore, because they both are stuck there. The other toons in different sectors work just fine. I was really looking forward to testing some more today, but now I can't with both my Romulan toons :(

Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by thaliasurak on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Does the crash tell you anything? (Perhaps complaining about a missing 64x64 texture?)
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm my game crashes in Eta Eridani when i cycle from captain trait window to bridge officer window, but I guess that was just coincidence that i was in that sector and it happens everywhere.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game crashes whenever I log into any Tribble character, no matter where they are.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game crashes in every social zon zone that is maxed out
    it crashes all the time on new romulus
    i think it is a que issue which needs to be addressed before launch of lor
    it is not a graphic issue with me I have a evga 570 video card
  • apocalypsex99apocalypsex99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Does the crash tell you anything? (Perhaps complaining about a missing 64x64 texture?)

I got this error after transferring my character over from holodeck. I was at k-7, went to sector space and it crashed.
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a texture.

Technical Details D3DERR_INVALIDCALL while creating 3D texture size 64 x 64 x 1 (1 mips, (RTEX_DXT5) NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX

I couldn't log in with that character anymore because of that crash, deleted him and re-copied back to tribble. I just transwarped from k-7 to ds9, everything was ok in ds9 space and ground instance, but tried to go to beta ursae sector, got the same crash.