test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fed Type 6 "white hull" material on all fed ships??

captainwallis84captainwallis84 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
I dont know whether its just me or not, but were the devs saying that they were working on some tech to enable you to use the type 6 fed hull material (the 2409 one) on all exsisting fed ships.

It was rumoured ages ago by Geko I belive that the devs were working on it so it can be used as another fed hull material and not just the 2409 ships. This was like 3 seasons ago now, and around the same time the Odyssey class was realesed on the C store.

Is this ever going to happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by captainwallis84 on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope so, I've been asking this forever already...still waiting.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love that.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would be nice.

The fact the free ships don't have type 6 hulls means when I mix and match their parts in with cstore ships like my armitage means I can't select type 6.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought cryptic was putting only on 2409 ships....then they gave it to the steamrunner ....so now I want one for my excelsior, and to use the sovereign class parts with it.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I thought cryptic was putting only on 2409 ships....then they gave it to the steamrunner ....so now I want one for my excelsior, and to use the sovereign class parts with it.

Here here. Been waiting ages to put it on my Galaxy class. Tis a shame I cant mix parts of other ships and not use the type 6 hull material. Tis a right pain. Im pretty sure they said they would make it available to use on all exsisting ships, but that was like months ago. How hard is it to make it available to all ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Excelsior would look amazing in the type 6

it was always supposed to be a very light color, not quite as grey as type 1
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Excelsior would look amazing in the type 6

it was always supposed to be a very light color, not quite as grey as type 1

Indeed it would. Using the type 6 hull material it would look very similar to the original NX Excelsior in search for spock. Would look pretty sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Type 6 hull textures as standard for all Starfleet vessels now would make alot of sense. You could say the move started with the Sovereign class, since the Ent-E in the movies, as well as other Sovereign ships from other ST games have shown that trend (ST:Bridge Commander, for instance).

It would make a nice dividing line for looks between the "old" TNG/DS9/VOY appearances to the "modern" Starfleet in STO. This needs to be done with the NPC ships, too.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Indeed. I hope they add it as a default skin. Its by far my favourite. It needs to be done. Devs, please add this to the current material selection for fed ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]