test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Charater Creator( Closed Beta) failed

allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I patched up and went on Tribble, to get my first experience with the new expansion. I tried to create a Romulan faction character and i would get a message saying "Character Creation Failed" and then Im back to the log in screen. Tried 2x same result. Also there is no Romulan race listed.

I might have missed something since this is my first stab at it, havent been up to date on changes or issues so please be gentle :)
Post edited by allen78j20sto on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Romulan testing is in closed beta. Only those who received an email invite can currently test Romulans.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Obviously if you've not been invited to closed beta, you wont be able to create a Romulan regardless; I assume from the title of your thread that you have though.

Character creation can fail if you try to use an invalid name for your character. i.e one that is already called that. It can also fail if you use C store unlocks which don't carry forward from holodeck.
    My advice would be to create a generic appearance character and then customise your appearance later, if this is the case.
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I mean you can create a Romulan without closed beta but you can't play the mission line. All the features are available to aliens on fed creator, so you can create your fed romulan and sit around wishing you could play Romulan stuff and have Romulan ships.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was invited to the beta, but I had a brainfart and I was doing it completely wrong:

On my laptop and my PC I clicked on Create Content because I did not see the romulan crest on the Choose Your Character screen. I never click on that.

When i realized what I was doing(creating a foundry character) I went back and clicked on the blank space where the Romulan symbol shouldve been, and wala.

Sooooo my post shouldve been Romulan Crest Missing on Choose Your Character Screen. :o