test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rule to make about elite

auroramcleodauroramcleod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Please make a rule that you have to play 50 normals before you can play elite.

I am getting sick and tired of the amound the play eltie but don't know how to play and **** up the bonus.

We have to wait 1 houre to play again and yes a other ****up who ****s up the bonus.

They realy need to do something about this.
Post edited by auroramcleod on

Comments

• polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    QQ much?

Who cares if you don't get the bonus? If your that worried about playing the same crappy mission 9000 times roll with fleet mates or elietestf chan if your a TRIBBLE job
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're only the millionth person to suggest this.

It wouldn't work because Normal STFs (with the possible exception of Infected ground) don't require even the minimal level of tactics that Elites do, so aren't really sufficient as teaching tools unless it's an organised group where one or more person already knows the Elite tactics and applies them.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Their are people trying to unlock the title from getting the optional objectives and that not everyone is in a fleet or is in a fleet with people who are interested in doing the missions. Doing public matches is the best,quickest and most reliable way to get games going and it would be nice if people have to complete a mission on normal before unlocking its Elite version that way total noobz to the missions would stop showing up in elite.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just play for the Dil.
    If you happen to get the optional, great.
    But going into a n00b infested pug with the optional as your goal leads to much emotional pain and geek anguish.

For some oddball reason, the n00b magnet is elite Cure Space.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please make a rule that anyone doing under 10k dps as sci/eng or 12k dps as tac can only fly normal stfs until they figure out to be of proper use to the team. I am getting sick and tired of playing with people who can't fit and fly a ship slowing down stfs to a painful pace.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I am getting sick and tired of the amound the play eltie but don't know how to play and **** up the bonus.

We have to wait 1 houre to play again and yes a other ****up who ****s up the bonus.

No, I refuse to run an alt through 50 normals when I know how to run an elite.

Forcing people to do this is in no way a guaranty they will know how to run elites either. We've already found a solution, stop joining public queues. Join a channel dedicated to running STFs, we have a few. Run with Fleet, I haven't done an STF public queue since around Jan 2012.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Reading your post I get the feeling you're not quite as elite as you think you are. While I am not elite either I can assure that I've taken fresh T4 ships with vendor whites into Elite STFs and done just fine a minute after gettign to lvl 50. What you should be asking for instead is a tab somewhere new players can read that explains what's happening... except doesn't that window pop up already exists?

By the way, Normals are so easy that its quite possible to do 100 of them and never learn anything.

If you want to avoid failing optional you need to communicate with your team more if it looks like you got a loose cannon and/or be good enough to save the day should things go FUBAR.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Regardless of the title, thread such as this are always really about the same thing.

Namely, "Please completely rearrange every single thing in the game so I can decide who is and who is not worthy to play STO. Because I am a 'Leet Dood! An' 'Leet Doods Rool!"

I have often wondered why the Community Moderators, and Branflakes, allow these threads to proliferate. I am not really asking for an explanation here. Nor do I expect to see one. But threads such as this do really get quite tiresome and the abundance of them detracts severely from the quality and reputation of both these boards and the game itself.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I would support that if it would solve anything, but it doesn't.

Normal STF can be played brain dead. No need for teamwork or communication, knowing the optionals and how to achieve them.

Take cure space for example. You can kill cubes without killing all probes first and laugh at the amount of ships spawned.

Try something like that in elite and there's a good chance you fail completely.

There will always be newbies (new players learning the robes and wiling to learn) and noobs (people who THINK they know everything, don't feel the need to chat or the opposite throw around garbage).

As much as i dislike the concept, if you don't want to risk getting teamed with a noob then grab a team in one of the elite-stf channels.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking on a basic solution to this problem:

Have a set of Omega TRAINING missions. Simplified forms of what a player might run into in an STF (excluding Hive). A walk through of each one, learning the basic ideas of how to perform against this unknown target. Training missions would reward marks and one piece of Borg/Omega Mk X gear (space/ground) on completion. Then be required to complete ONE Normal STF before being let loose on Elites.

Older players will have a reason to do the training missions (free stuff) and younger players will learn how to actually DO the damn things.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Learn to Carry.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Trust me, you can't do anything about stipid pugs besides finding a group that does not include any.

I can give explicit step by step instructions in ISE, and have them still **** up because they want to do their own thing.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sadly its a PUG life...... :D

On a side note, if you are elite then get yourself invited to the EliteSTF channel. Running STFs with premades PUG (PPUG) from there is a stunning thing at times. Nonetheless there is no headache, heartache or hassle and always very fast doing elites with players from that sub community. :cool:
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,457 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »

Have a set of Omega TRAINING missions. Simplified forms of what a player might run into in an STF (excluding Hive). A walk through of each one, learning the basic ideas of how to perform against this unknown target. Training missions would reward marks and one piece of Borg/Omega Mk X gear (space/ground) on completion. Then be required to complete ONE Normal STF before being let loose on Elites.

Older players will have a reason to do the training missions (free stuff) and younger players will learn how to actually DO the damn things.

To be honest i don't see this as a solution either. Those willing to learn will learn, those unwilling to learn will just sit in said mission & grab the rewards.

A good start to improve PUG in STFE would be to not allow players with injuries to enter AND a working system to combat AFK players.

E.g. stray > 50 Km from group/target = 1 hour ban from STF
    Stray > 100-150 km from group/target = 2 hour ban from STF
    Receive 2-3 bans and unable to enter STF for 1 week.
    And so forth..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited April 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    To be honest i don't see this as a solution either. Those willing to learn will learn, those unwilling to learn will just sit in said mission & grab the rewards.

It's not perfect, no, but it would up the odds that the people who are going in fresh would at least have some idea of what they're doing, some very basic gear to get through it, and won't dive headfirst into an Elite. You can't fix stupid, but you can at least separate the truly stupid and unwilling from the simply ignorant.
    A good start to improve PUG in STFE would be to not allow players with injuries to enter AND a working system to combat AFK players.

E.g. stray > 50 Km from group/target = 1 hour ban from STF
    Stray > 100-150 km from group/target = 2 hour ban from STF
    Receive 2-3 bans and unable to enter STF for 1 week.
    And so forth..

The injury thing I could get behind, but it should be over a certain number of injuries (I've accidentally queued up with injuries before, but never many). The distance thing, however, I can't. Too many rolling fights can get away from "the group" too easily. Especially KSE and Hive where battles can and do end up 50+ klicks apart in some cases. Better would be something tracking contact with the enemy. Still, AFKers are going to be a bane in this game, not much we can do.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    Learn to Carry.

Try doing that in The Cure Found (Elite) with 4 people who die a lot and do all the wrong things. Your not going to get the optional and the mission will fail.

On ground teamwork is important and with multiple idiots who don't listen the optional will fail and the mission can be impossible to advance.

Carrying 1 bad person ok can be done. 2 bad people the rest of the team better know what they are doing. 3 bad people depending on the mission it can go from very hard to impossible.
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not even sure why I even post in this elitist stenched topic, but I wish to make my point clear.

I am not a newby nor a noob, nor will I ever presume to call myself an elite or professional when it comes to eSTF's... My main is 95% done in T4 so well on its way to max the rep., my 2nd char is trying to finish T2 atm...

I go into an eSTF because I want to continue to complete my T5 reputation...
    In the beginning I went into normals because I thought elites would be WAY to difficult for me.
    After someone took me into elite and saw that it was easier then I though IF I adapted my playstyle a bit so that I could go with the flow of the more experienced and from that moment on I went elite forever... 15+ OM or 60+ OM is quite a difference to me as it is for all players.

Depending on the pug group most of the time we make the optional, but yes sometimes we fail... That is the freaking game. You win some and you lose some.

Frankly I am sick and tired of seeing so-called elite LOSERS leave in the middle of an eSTF because the optional was blown due to 1 minor mistake.
    I would rather play 100.000 pug matches with newbies and lose ALL the optional's, then 1 match with an elitist NOOB who leaves his team mates in the middle of a fight.

All this pathetic talk about punishing newbies... I didn't even take the time to read the whole topic, the first post was already enough to know what this whole topic would be about.

You will always have players who intentionally grief for fun, but in my experience most pug fights are about newby players just wanting to earn the OM in 1 match that they would normally have to do 3-4 normals for.

OP... please get of your self build pedistal... And just play the game.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes people forget something about STO - To PWE/Cryptic, this is a business. It is entertainment, granted, but it is still a business. PWE/Cryptic want you to spend as much time as possible in the game playing and enjoying yourself. Because they know if you stay long enough, eventually you will buy some Zen and they will make money off you.

PWE/Cryptic views each and every one of us as customers first, then players. No business ever has actively tried to run off potential customers. Indeed, most of them spend nearly all their time and a good portion of their budget trying to attract more. Threads which demand PWE/Cryptic 'get rid of' or 'punish' this or that player for whatever reason are asking them to reduce their customer base. A business which does so will not survive.

If I am playing an ESTF and I am thinking about purchasing an LTS and the rest of the team votes to kick me from the team for whatever reason, and then does so, the odds are very good I will not be spending any money on STO. Further,it is an equally good chance I will talk about STO in a negative manner to anyone who is within earshot. Thus drying up several revenue streams and more as the people I speak with also pass along my negative comments. If you stop and think about it for a minute, maybe this is why you never see the Devs or the Mods respond or even acknowledge threads such as this. Nor do they close them.

Running the servers costs money. Paying the Devs cost money. Marketing the game costs money. Revenue for all of this does not come from people who are being run off or punished. If STO runs true to form as an MMO, somewhere around 12-15% of the players are paying customers. I have no hard data to back this, but it is a reasonable assumption. PWE/Cryptic would like this number to be much larger, naturally. Which means asking them to reduce the number of people who might eventually spend money on the game is silly.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • miri2miri2 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, a player's skill in handling their ship and the strength of their build really aren't as important as you'd think in STFs, even on Elite. The greatest skill any player in an STF can have is a willingness to read and respond to the team chat.
    I'm not all that great at managing some of my ship builds, and my sci/sci's DPS is about as close to 0 as you're going to get while applying any sort of minimal effort to improve it, but I regularly find myself being a greater asset to the team than other players with stronger builds and greater mastery of them, simply because I bother to communicate.
    No amount of running normal STFs will instill that desire to communicate. In fact, running 50 NSTFs may be actively detrimental to training player's to talk to each other by making their firmly-established normal that of the stupidly-easy NSTF difficulty where tactics and coordination are meaningless.
    theeishtmo wrote: »

There's a Foundry mission (whose name I've already forgotten) that does exactly that for Infected (Ground). I'd love to see that become a spotlight so that more people play it and the optional objective becomes a little less impossible (I still need to unlock that costume option for my alt, dangit!)
    Seeing training missions like that would be great, and I'd totally endorse it. The reward fits quite nicely, too (the MkX KHG ground set was a little bit of a let-down when I spent marks and dilithium on it, but would be outstanding as a quest reward).
    Of course, it won't be a foolproof solution (nothing is-- fools are quite resourceful, after all :P), but it would certainly raise the quality of most STF by just a little bit.
    A mission-by-mission tutorial also robs those STFs of a bit of their wonder and mystery for new players (I can remember when I was new to STFs and piecing together what triggered what when and why, and having great fun trying to puzzle it over), so there's that trade-off, too.
    Just my two cents.
    “True success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
    -- Winston Churchill
    edited April 2013
    miri2 wrote: »
    A mission-by-mission tutorial also robs those STFs of a bit of their wonder and mystery for new players (I can remember when I was new to STFs and piecing together what triggered what when and why, and having great fun trying to puzzle it over), so there's that trade-off, too.
    Just my two cents.

I was thinking making it more bare bones. Like for Infected Space, the tutorial would be a transformer with a pair of gens and a sphere guarding it, and that's it. The player would be walked through the process (kill sphere, kill gen, nanite probe spawns, kill spawn, etc) and be taught rough terminology (what the 10% rule is perhaps) rather than a full scale version of the mission. Play it off as things Omega Force has seen while fighting the Borg, without it being EXACTLY the same. That way when they get into an STF, the player will see a transformer with a guardian and go "oh, I remember that" and act accordingly.