test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new Romulan mission are amazing

fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
I know this isn't the most useful feedback in the world, but I just have to say publicly that the new Romulan missons are fantastic.

Like a lot of people here, I'm not really an MMO player. But I am a Trek fan and I have to say that the Romulan arc (or as much of it as I've played) is pitch perfect.

To the Devs: You've totally outdone yourselves. I'd like you to notice that I didn't use any profanity in that statement, though I was profoundly tempted.

All the way through, as a foundry author, I was also salivating over some of the new features, like the ways in which NPCs are displayed in interaction screens.

I've just started a new job in QA, so I'm taking notes.

But for the moment, I just want to say thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree these new missions are done really well, I hope in the future that they go through all the missions an do the same things, just makes the game more enjoyable.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont know yet about KDF, but if the new KDF missions are that good, the Fed will have the weakest storyline of all the faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    I dont know yet about KDF, but if the new KDF missions are that good, the Fed will have the weakest storyline of all the faction.

This is because Cryptic's mission design has, on the whole, just gotten better throughout the run of the game.

Honestly, I'd suggest that Cryptic's next big content dump be updating the shared story missions for the Borg and Undine arcs. They're apparently going to be present for every faction ever, and, if they're not profoundly different for the Romulans, the're the weakest part of both the Romulan and KDF levelling experiences. They're not bad, by the standard set in the launch content, but the House of Mogh, Fek'liri, Featured Episode, and Romulan Republic stories are all better than them. If they're going to be reused for every faction ever, they need to be on par with the Romulan story content so far. I can imagine a new player being profoundly disappointed moving from the content we've been playing in the beta to the Borg arc.