What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Starbases creating Duty Officer exchange madness

2»

Comments

• bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    A couple of days ago, borticus told me in TTS chat that this change is NOT going to be included in the LoR release, but it's still something they're thinking about/working on, possibly in conjunction with their next release in June.

we know, he made a post in the forums about it and many of us raged that 1. he was still non-committal on the subject and 2. is taking another month to even consider a change
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, It's not his decision. He can propose changes but AFAIK management has to ok them. They may not have decided yet what to do... whether to fix the drop rates or tweak the projects or both.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You mean that security and tactical duffs, operations and engineering duffs, and science and medical duffs are actually distributed at a 50-50 rate rather than 10-90? Or will there be an option to actually generate duffs of each subdepartment?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • toadyfranktoadyfrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean that security and tactical duffs, operations and engineering duffs, and science and medical duffs are actually distributed at a 50-50 rate rather than 10-90? Or will there be an option to actually generate duffs of each subdepartment?

No. Rather the opposite. Read the thread again.
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, It's not his decision. He can propose changes but AFAIK management has to ok them. They may not have decided yet what to do... whether to fix the drop rates or tweak the projects or both.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9976501&postcount=6
    dastahl wrote: »
    This has not been forgotten. I made the request to our lead designer gecko to reduce the inputs of Fleet Holdings and he said that it is in the works as part of the next Fleet Holding which is coming out in June. The next holding is related to the procurement of Dilithium and has a built-in mechanic that reduces the cost of Fleet Holding projects as well as offers enhanced ways to earn Dilithium in general. More details will be shared when the design blog hits in early June (only a few weeks away).

dastahl is Executive Producer of STO, he directly reports to the CEO, CFO and CTO of Cryptic.

The change shouldn't be a big issue, as the situation right now isn't something that is normal (i.e. a new player to STO would wonder why medical and security common doffs cost more than their higher quality counterparts).

Bortis knows there is an issue:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9171251&postcount=8
    The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

Would that address this concern in an equitable manner?

So someone in the creative team knows there is an issue.

The problem we have is 1. No one has actually agreed there is an issue or even dismissed it as an non-issue 2. we are expected to wait another month to wait and see if this issue is addressed.

With all this waiting the problem will get worse as more fleets advance, and the fleets that have made it to t-5 science will start fighting against this change as they will be making lots of EC from sales (we already see this happening).
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)