test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Creator Bug

jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
So, with an imported VA, although I meet the greater than level 25 requirement to create a KDF or Rommie toon, Tribble isn't allowing me to. They're still grayed out. Intended?
STO-sig3.jpg~original
Post edited by jarekcyphus on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, with an imported VA, although I meet the greater than level 25 requirement to create a KDF or Rommie toon, Tribble isn't allowing me to. They're still grayed out. Intended?

You have to be invited to play Romulan Faction via E-mail.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    You have to be invited to play Romulan Faction via E-mail.

Okay, but that doesn't explain why I can't roll a KDF, or why the bug changed once one of my imported toons leveled past 25. Now it tells me "You do not have permission to create a Romulan (or Klingon) character," when before it simply said it was unlocked at level 25. I should be able to roll at least a KDF, which means it isn't working correctly.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay, but that doesn't explain why I can't roll a KDF, or why the bug changed once one of my imported toons leveled past 25. Now it tells me "You do not have permission to create a Romulan (or Klingon) character," when before it simply said it was unlocked at level 25. I should be able to roll at least a KDF, which means it isn't working correctly.

klingon creation has been temporarily disabled.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    klingon creation has been temporarily disabled.

Would that explain how my imported Klingon characters are stuck in their current rooms and can't advance in any quests?
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    #1 Creating a new Klingon on Tribble server is currently disabled. This is intentional because they want beta testers to focus on the new Romulan content.

#2 As already pointed out, in order to create a Romulan character you need to have received a beta invite via email. There was no need to do anything. The ability to create a Romulan would be unlocked on your account at the time you received the email.

#3 For character creation, the requirement to have a character at level 25+ to 'unlock' KDF/Romulan was removed in a recent patch. When the Legacy of Romulus expansion goes live, this requirement will stay gone. Players on new accounts will be able to start as any of the 3 factions from the beginning as well as current players. Not sure how many character slots new accounts would get to start, but Cryptic has said they will see what they can do about giving us an extra character slot for free for creating a Romulan. Keep your eyes open for dev blogs and patch notes. :)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would that explain how my imported Klingon characters are stuck in their current rooms and can't advance in any quests?

KDF content may be currently disabled since it isn't finished yet. They want beta testers to focus on the Romulan faction at this time. More beta invites will be sent soon and eventually it will go into open beta where anybody can test and nobody will need an invite.:)