test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

boffs not assigned to stations

entropybetaentropybeta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I seem to be running into this issue with nearly every romulan episode. I had boffs assigned to my ship, but then they aren't. none assigned no skills to use and combat begins. its annoying. I work around it by battle cloaking, waiting for red alert to end, then assigning them again. In my most recent episode memory lane, only my tac officer was unassigned when space combat began, but he's like the most important one. anyways not sure how this happens but I thought you should know, that could be frustrating for new and veteran players alike :)
Post edited by entropybeta on

Comments

• thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting this on map change. Every map change.

And, possibly related, when I had a new bridge officer join while the stations were all blank, it gave me double the available stations. And they all worked until I changed maps again.
  • ulkeskulkesk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also getting this on every map change since the April 22 patch.

So far opening the stations window and selecting one of the drop downs as if going to assign a boff seems to reset all the previously assigned boffs to the correct places and restore the ability tray.
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is anyone now noticing a delay in BO appearing at their stations? I can more or less accelerate them appearing at their stations by going to the stations tab, but that's it.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This popped up this morning (Korea Time) when I was playing my Fed toon on Tribble and now I see it is also affecting my Rom this evening. :mad:

Solution: go to Stations, look for position showing as blank, use pull-down and wait for system to reinstall Boff originally place at this station. The Boff powers will return to the ships table. This also prevented the Boffs from disappearing when going to ground mission.

Needs to be fixed.
  • talongardtalongard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having this problem too. Every time I transfer from ground to space all my BOFs are droped from the stations they were assigned to.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ulkesk wrote: »
    Also getting this on every map change since the April 22 patch.

So far opening the stations window and selecting one of the drop downs as if going to assign a boff seems to reset all the previously assigned boffs to the correct places and restore the ability tray.

This is what I'm doing too. I've noticed that BOff powers are being randomly placed in my tool tray again, even with it locked, when I assign them to a station.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I too am having issues with boffs not being slotted on map transitions. It is only since the new patch
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ditto here.

As above every map change.

Unselecting my tac officer (change to none) and then reselecting him. Sometimes in sector space all BO skills gone even though they remain slotted, again redo tac and all skills return.

At one point when reruning an old mission to aquire enough skill points to progress (level 11 to 12) all were unslotted after map change.

Hope this helps.
    Are we there yet?
  • greathandlergreathandler Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same problem with my BOs not being on their stations since the last patch.
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having same issue. Every time i chance maps.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue here.

It seems like the BOFFs are there . . . I see face portraits and names but no skills. I also discovered that by opening the stations tab I have a blank BOFF slot, but I do not have to click on that one. If I click on any BOFF station menu, the skills instantly re-appear.

Where this becomes the most annoying is when you warp into a map with combat and you go right into Red Alert, thus preventing you from accessing the stations pull-downs.

EDIT: Okay . . . so I did a force verify on my files and it actually made the issue worse. Now it is random . . . sometimes I get the issue I described above, and sometimes now the offers are indeed being completely unassigned from their slots so I have to reassign them one by one.
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same issue.
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've already posted on another similar thread about this same issue so yes, I too am having this problem. Needless to say it's really annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems to be a fairly common issue. Same situation, nothing else to report.
  • akumawraithakumawraith Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If the devs put as much effort into fixing the constant bugs in the game as they do in creating some of the most butt ugly ships(Delta Rising pack) STO would be the best damned game in history.

Instead they focus on creating crappy expansion ships, not fully developing ships (Kabali Samsar Cruiser only has bridge, no other decks.), or putting the really good ships into the lock boxes where everyone but me wins... over 200 dollars in keys and still no notable t6 ships...

So dont expect Craptic to fix this bug of Duty officers going AWOL anytime soon, if ever.. hell they still havent fixed the massive latency issues.