test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LTS Memeber cant unlock Romulan faction

alexandernabiscoalexandernabisco Member Posts: 35 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
loaded up tribble and have a VA 50 but wont let me select Romulan Faction when I go to create a new character
Post edited by alexandernabisco on

Comments

• doabarreltrolldoabarreltroll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did you get an invite in your email?
    If you didnt, then you cannot create a romulun untill they do the next round of beta invites.

-The collection of atoms known as Tom
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sigh....i guess alot of people missed the memo that only people who got the beta invite are able to make romulans.

said beta invite seems to be at random, as there are people who haven't tested previous seasons who are beta testing now....and there are people who have been here since launch and didn't get one...BUT that being said this is only the first cycle of beta testing....so just keep watching the forums and your email.

LTS or Not, it doesn't make any difference.

I sort of hope one of the devs says something about this just to make it clear to other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • alexandernabiscoalexandernabisco Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    sigh....i guess alot of people missed the memo that only people who got the beta invite are able to make romulans.

said beta invite seems to be at random, as there are people who haven't tested previous seasons who are beta testing now....and there are people who have been here since launch and didn't get one...BUT that being said this is only the first cycle of beta testing....so just keep watching the forums and your email.

LTS or Not, it doesn't make any difference.

I sort of hope one of the devs says something about this just to make it clear to other people.

another reason why im considering giving up my membership and ditching this game... How they treat Lifers' is deplorable. a lot of times they treat the FTP memebers better than there Subs just to get fresh new players interested in the game. we invested a lot in this game for them
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been here since Open Beta and I got an invite, a few lifers did get invites.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure they chose at random because they don't want a biased sample consisting entirely of Lifers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    a friend of mine didnt get an invite, but i got an invite.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you read the memo, you would know that they selected based on some criteria, then went random.
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IMO if you ware testing for S7 or previus seasons, you did get close beta invite.
    Nothing to do with subscriptions.;)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My invite mentioned previous testing, and I have been using Tribble for a while before the Romulan test started.

It might increase your chance of beta invites to use Tribble more.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • bradfordmadsonbradfordmadson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    invite seems to go out to those that had a certain amount of hours testing and if you supplied valid information. not the amount of time you spent trying to play new content
  • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    Have you ever provided detailed and constructive feedback?
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    another reason why im considering giving up my membership and ditching this game... How they treat Lifers' is deplorable. a lot of times they treat the FTP memebers better than there Subs just to get fresh new players interested in the game. we invested a lot in this game for them

The beta invites weren't sent so "Lifers could see the new content". They were sent so "players could test the new content".

Hence, players (lifers or non) with a lot of time spent on Tribble helping test past content seemed to be the weighting criteria for the initial beta invites.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • banikslavebanikslave Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry, but the fact that this is actually titled "LTS Member..." and that the OP specifically states further down how angry he is about the alleged "deplorable" treatment just makes me want to shout "troll in the dungeon"...or throw a dictionary with the definition of "deplorable" bookmarked.

Having a bunch of LTS or otherwise running around tribble going "yay I can has romulan ship before anyone else ROTFL" will be about as much use to the devs as using a chocolate frying pan to fry their bacon. As has been said above, we are not just playing the game here, we are testing the game. We are trying to fall into engines, deliberately hang the UI to see if it is possible, deliberately turning right when told to turn left to see if the game stops working. We are playing with notebooks on our laps and our fingers hovering over the screencap key.

Just clocking at the speed of this forum section shows that the group was formed wisely for the most part.

It's not all fun and games, it is a job before it is anything else.

It is just over a month until launch, and then you can fly romulan warbirds until your hearts content. Hopefully with a game that is as bug free as possible.
  • wesmagyar1wesmagyar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure they chose at random because they don't want a biased sample consisting entirely of Lifers.

Ive been here since closed beta and i didnt get an invite :(

*edit* Hmm odd did they change the forums around or something? as it says my join date is march of 2013.... and ive been around alot longer since that...
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did no one read the email? They specifically state in it that you are invited because you have done testing before. Pretty simple to explain people...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess the invations were send to those spending time on tribble and bug reporting first, rather than someone with LTS.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    banikslave wrote: »
    Having a bunch of LTS or otherwise running around tribble going "yay I can has romulan ship before anyone else ROTFL" will be about as much use to the devs as using a chocolate frying pan to fry their bacon. As has been said above, we are not just playing the game here, we are testing the game. We are trying to fall into engines, deliberately hang the UI to see if it is possible, deliberately turning right when told to turn left to see if the game stops working. We are playing with notebooks on our laps and our fingers hovering over the screencap key.

Just clocking at the speed of this forum section shows that the group was formed wisely for the most part.

It's not all fun and games, it is a job before it is anything else.

It is just over a month until launch, and then you can fly romulan warbirds until your hearts content. Hopefully with a game that is as bug free as possible.

You got that right. Sometimes it takes a bit of work to break this new content but breaking it is exactly why were are beta testing so we can find and report the bugs and other types of problems so, everyone can have more fun come May 21st. Whether your a troll, just a player or a tester/player.
    Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
  • banikslavebanikslave Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    randolf2 wrote: »
    You got that right.

I actually got a bit more right as well, but I edited the post after deciding that it wasn't worth getting banned from the forum over :cool:
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I have an LTS, I did get a beta invite, but had I not gotten one it would not have upset me at all. Beta invites should go to players who have reliably participated and bug reported, not just people who want to sneak peek at content.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok I read this entire thread of basically whining, can I get a cookie? why is this even in bug reports? Can mod delete thread or move this, PLEASE!??
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Did no one read the email? They specifically state in it that you are invited because you have done testing before. Pretty simple to explain people...

Apparently the OP didn't read the email because he never received one in the first place. :D
  • tommeke90tommeke90 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i get a invite for the open beta of legacy of romulus