test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The worst player of all!!!!!

crowangel666crowangel666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Every so often while either showing the borg who's the boss or fighting hand in hand with a angry hirogen, we get that one player who just stands there and does nothing while the rest do all the work to earn their marks or dil.
Now i understand some people don't have the best internet connection and end up having connection problems, but its usually easy to distinguish between the two.

The consequences of a lazy player either means the rest of the team is let down and the mission fails or you don't get the rewards you hoped for. Thankfully thanks to some new and improved gear sometimes only four or even three players are needed to complete a mission on PvE. Another consequence which happens in STF where the team just doesn't quite have the DPS needed to complete the mission either quickly or not at all, the result players will leave and end up being punished with a ban because of that one player who thinks it's ok to get free rides.

Now in some cases the mission isn't greatly affected, but you have to remember that player just earned some nice gear, dil or marks allllll thanks to you. And i ask where's my paycheck in all this? lol Not to mention how some players become very annoyed and the mission becomes one whole trolling match and generally spoils the whole atmosphere.

I feel cryptic should begin to think about a way to monitor players and a way to deter them while the rest of the team goes ahead safety in the knowledge that douche bag of player gets what they deserve. So heres my pitch a system that detects a lazy player and gives them a fair punishment, in an effort to make it as inconvenient for them as possible.
1. Their ship becomes a target and all there defence stats dropped to 1.
2. Player will be unable to leave the map until the mission is over, even if they sign out and back in again.
3. Player will suffer one of each ship and/or player injuries once destroyed.
4. Player will will suffer these injuries for one hour until being able to heal them and will be banned from PvE for one hour. (or more)

Of course this system will have to make sure that an inactive player is either being lazy or is having connection troubles. This is just an idea, but people put your thoughts and ideas on an effective way to deter players from doing this and maybe cryptic will use one of them.

Laters
Post edited by crowangel666 on

Comments

• captraolcaptraol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep it is annoying, it happens on most missions with teams of players, I have found,

But there again I usually play solo due to having the worst Internet ever no thanks to bt!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometimes people have a legitimate reason to go afk. Real Life Aggro is far more important than playing a game. My solution which is taken from City of Heroes is to have the game measure the activity of the players. If the minimum activity requirement is not passed, then no reward or a consolation prize is awarded. So doing an Elite STF that gives 90 Omega Marks would only give 5. I am sure that most afkers would either play the game or find something else to do with that system in place.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone who starts an STF or a match and then goes AFK, I can give them the benefit of the doubt, but sombody who never moves is another story. Even worse of those who aren't even AFK, because they never move but they roll on loot. (Or they have a macro doing the rolling.)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Sometimes people have a legitimate reason to go afk. Real Life Aggro is far more important than playing a game. My solution which is taken from City of Heroes is to have the game measure the activity of the players. If the minimum activity requirement is not passed, then no reward or a consolation prize is awarded. So doing an Elite STF that gives 90 Omega Marks would only give 5. I am sure that most afkers would either play the game or find something else to do with that system in place.

Sounds like a good idea.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.