test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favorite Trek character?

ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Ten Forward
The title says it all. So, who was your favorite?

My answer is difficult to nail down....

-I really have come to love Odo. He was gruff and tough.

-Picard was the anti-Kirk (not hating the old lover of women despite species) and I loved it. You could see him as a Captain you would be loyal to and follow.

BUT (and it may be the cliche' answer) the winner for me has to be:
-Spock. For reasons too numerous to mention. To chose any other would be illogical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ricorosebud on

Comments

• sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Data.

Followed very, very closely by Elim Garak.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Data, Tasha Yar, and Tom Paris.

Enough said.
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    Data.

Followed very, very closely by Elim Garak.

Oh man, Garak was a lot of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. Garak
    2. The Doctor
    3. Q
    Bastet
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Garak is number 1 without a doubt :D.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nx89nx89 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. Will Riker - He was everything a younger Kirk probably was, and everything Picard couldn't be. Deffo a fav!

2. Kathryn Janeway - Compassionate yet always on-the-ball. There's certainly something to be said for the precision with which she delivered her witty retorts and put downs. Man, that never got old.

3. Tasha Yar - Personal favourite female Fed from TNG, even if the character was short-lived. She was a brilliant character. Troi always came across as too whiny and Beverley...well...she just never seemed to have the drive that Yar displayed. Plus - Beverley is 50% responsible for "the boy"! Enough said!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow.. tough question.. there is no absolute fav for me as there are just too many excellent chars, but the ones I enjoyed most were (in no particular order)..

Weyoun, Garak, Picard, The Doc, Seven, Data, Worf, Kor, ..
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guinan and Garak
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My forum name says it all BUT I also loved Damar and Dukat. I think the way they made those characters were developed was amazing :) I also love Cardassians so :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh TRIBBLE, where to begin:

Data. Data was easily my favourite character when I watched TNG as a kid. It wasn't just a fact that he was a robot, and therefore by definition cooler than anyone else on the show. It was also the fact that he was frequently used as a vehicle for philosophical/moral observations through his learning about humanity. I guess it's also the fact that, since I was an 'odd kid,' I identified a lot with Data's desire to be human (ie to fit in).

Picard. Greatest Trek captain, by far. All TOS fans may be free to disagree with me, but Picard, to me, was the ideal captain, on account of his commanding presence and diplomtic thoughtfulness.

Q. He is Q. No other explanation is needed.

Garak. By far the most interesting, and most complicated, character on DS9, especially since his troubled past, self-abusive addictions, and grey moral outlook contrasted sharply with the more upstanding Starfleet officers he had to work with.

Gul Dukat. I'd probably have to rank him as one of the all-time best villains in sci-fi, just because he was such an interestingly layered character. I'm disappointed, though, with his degradation into "moustache-twirling, maniacal evil" in the last season of DS9.

The Doctor. Easily the best character on a show which...in my humble opinion, didn't have many great characters. At all.

Honourable nods, of course, go to Spock, Worf, Jadzia Dax, Odo, Quark, Weyoun, Tuvok and Seven of Nine. Especially Seven of Nine-- I don't think Jeri Ryan gets nearly enough credit for her role, especially for some of Seven's more interesting moments (such as being momentarily possessed by the Doctor). I think too many people just saw her as a sex symbol and nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me, it's a toss up between Garak and Nog. Garak was probably the best developed character in Trek history, and Nog showed the greatest development of any other character :cool:

Honorable mentions to Worf, Tuvok and Admiral Dougherty :cool:
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2013
    Garak, yes!

Vic Fontaine & Martok, and 1950's Benny, too. Actually, I liked just about every reoccurring DS9 character except maybe mirror universe Kira and Kai Win. blech!

On Voyager: psychopath Crewman Sudor and suicidal Quinn the Q stood out to me.
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now that is a difficult question to answer! Well, I'll give it a go at least.

1. Silik, once leader of the Cabal.
    2. Kes, nurse of the U.S.S. Voyager.
    3. Quark, owner of Deep Space Nine's bar.

I'm not absolutely sure these are my best choices, but I suppose they'll do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tatyanasergeitatyanasergei Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Weyoun and Dukat were my favorite villains; Weyoun could be annoying, but his sheer loyalty to the Founders was pretty touching. And Dukat was just so interesting with all the different aspects that made up his personality and motives.

I think my favorite character would be a tie between Data and the Doctor. I enjoyed watching each explore the concept of just what is sentience.
    Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
    Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester
    "The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First place is tough. Either Kira or Sisko.

Last place is also tough, but that's because i find it hard to choose from any of the TOS characters (with the exception of scotty). Probably Kirk though. Every time a redshirt got shot i hoped the redshirt survived and Kirk took his/her place.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Data

Picard

Bones (Lenard Mcoy)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Spot....no really, think about it, he had the best job on the ship, he was the official cat :3 ..and if you look at the deleted scenes from Generations not only does he survive the crash, he'd found a place to kick back and wait for rescue :D

one question, after Data goes offline, who takes care of him? After Tasha died, Data got him, being an Enterprise cat someone who was remaining on the ship would have to take him and I don't see Picard doing this.
  • helvetiamatt81helvetiamatt81 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Legate Damar. True hero. :D
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    According to Memory Alpha, Worf becomes Spot's caretaker in the 'The Next Generation' relaunch novel, Before Dishonor.

As to having a favoruite Star Trek character, I simply can not decide, as there are so many wonderful characters to choose form.
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Side topic you can add as a PS:

You can shoot one and ONLY one, who do you shoot?

Wesley Crusher

Neelix

Kes

Who will it be? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYCbRjhnsE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Side topic you can add as a PS:

Wesley Crusher

Neelix

Kes

Who will it be? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYCbRjhnsE

XD i love that video!

Hmm, who is the most annoying character, one who would bug me enough to actually wanna shoot them..............(working).....................I would say Neellix out of pure annoyance, but ever since I played 2800, it would have to be Kurland. Durring the jump mission, "Kurland here" "This is Kurland" Star Fleets Navi, every 5 seconds!! Good gravy man shutup!!
    edited April 2013
    According to Memory Alpha, Worf becomes Spot's caretaker in the 'The Next Generation' relaunch novel, Before Dishonor.

I don't buy that. Worf is established in canon as being allergic to cats. And Reg Barclay is also shown to be the only officer on the Enterprise (besides Data) who Spot doesn't attack on sight.

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
    edited April 2013

Chekov.

No contest.

Although I actually think Ensign Hoshi Sato is the most annoying character in the history of the franchise, but she's really cute so I couldn't bring myself to actually shoot her.

- Anne Bredon
    edited April 2013
    Reg Barclay. Freaky son of a b***h had no business wearing a Starfleet uniform, and probably should've been signing the sex offender's register. I often wonder if he even was a legit Starfleet officer, of just a wackjob with enough computer skills to insert a plausible record into the Starfleet database and simply pulled off the ruse enough to avoid being discharged (where to be honest, there's plenty of evidence for such procedures).

But.

I would not shoot him. An unwell mind needs treating, not punishing.
    edited April 2013
    Reg Barclay. Freaky son of a b***h had no business wearing a Starfleet uniform, and probably should've been signing the sex offender's register. I often wonder if he even was a legit Starfleet officer, of just a wackjob with enough computer skills to insert a plausible record into the Starfleet database and simply pulled off the ruse enough to avoid being discharged (where to be honest, there's plenty of evidence for such procedures).

But.

I would not shoot him. An unwell mind needs treating, not punishing.

If you put him in the nut house, the A-Team will only break him out again.
  • cosmonaut12345cosmonaut12345 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My favorite Star Trek character is probably Bashir, warts and all.

My favorite one-off, Majel Barrett's Number One.

And shoot Neelix!
    edited April 2013
    catstarsto wrote: »
    If you put him in the nut house, the A-Team will only break him out again.

:D This is true...
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Captain Archer. Probably the most realistic character in all of Trek.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Павел Андреевич Чеков

A.K.A. Pavel Andreievich Chekov.

Why?
    [Standing on a Street Corner, speaking to a cop in a thick Russian Accent, in the early 80s, during the Cold War] Excuse me, sir! Can you direct us to the naval base in Alameda? It's where they keep the nuclear wessels. (Cop doesn't respond, Chekov looks at Uhura and repeats, slowly and loudly) NUCLEAR WESSELS
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    edited April 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    Павел Андреевич Чеков

A.K.A. Pavel Andreievich Chekov.

Why?

To me that is the most cringe-worthy scene in the entire franchise.

- Anne Bredon