test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wait for XII gears or get XI gears?

jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
In reputation system, is it worth it to wait for the XII gears, or should I just go for XI gears (especially eSTF)?
Post edited by jestersage on

Comments

• ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait for it, is my advice. you'll need a lot of marks and dilithium anyway
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My advice would also be to wait.
    I decided to wait myself... The whole grind will be bad enough as it is without having to add additional grinding due to having purchased the mk XI set.
    I did purchase the 3 pieces of the Assimilated Borg-set (Kinetic Cutter Beam, Omega Torpedo and the Assimilated console), but that is personal preference.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely wait for MK XII
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Costs almost twice as much for like 5% better. Its worth waiting if having less than The Best will nag you till the end of time. Its close enough though that I have some characters with 11, and some with 12, and I can't tell the difference without careful parsing. Its more mindset than math at that point.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But you have an awesome look
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personally I prefer the XI ground sets because the helmets look lame.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    talien wrote: »
    Personally I prefer the XI ground sets because the helmets look lame.

Then buy the XII set and use the tailor to make an outfit without a helmet.

If you plan on running any ground STFs (or Defera dailies) buying the Mk X ground set to get the instant remodulator as soon as possible doesn't seem like a bad idea, but otherwise low rank sets (especially space ones) are a waste of Dilithium and marks.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Boffs can't use the costume options. For some reason whoever designed them decided it'd be an awesome idea to put them under their own tab instead of uniform.
  • miaximiaxi Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The assimilated XI and XII sets are virtually identical except for the shield, but you'll want the MACO resilient shield for it's absorb anyway. Unless you want the sector space speed boost from the assimilated engine, which is great for both the tour and DOFFing, you can get a good XII positron deflector, a combat impulse engine, and a resilient shield with plasma resistance off the exchange for virtually nothing and save the dilithium for later.

On the ground, things are a bit different. Borg don't adapt to melee damage, so a good sword is all you need for Defera, but not all ground STFs are melee-friendly. Make sure you know the map and optional objectives well before you go elite on the ground.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wait for it, is my advice. you'll need a lot of marks and dilithium anyway

Agreed,

I also suggest waiting to buy most items from the Rep System till you've maxed it out.

During my 1st run through the Romulan Rep system I made the mistake of buying the Rare Scorpion Fighters, the Very Rare Scorpion Fighters and then the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters and ended up wasting a ton of resources on things that I only ended up using for a day or so.

If you're hurting for gear I'd recommend going to the exchange and using EC to get the best the you can afford there and save all your Dilithium and marks till you can get the very best that the Rep systems have to offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synwrathswifesynwrathswife Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I waited on my fed character. I did not wait on my kdf character for Honor guard gun. The cutting beam & console is already mk XII.

Other wise I would advice you to wait if you think it is worth the wait. You might like a tribble account too. Either way it's your choice & your call. Just remember some items you can only have 1 of even if it will let you make more then 1 & as your rep system progresses your gears will get better, even with the loot you get from defera hards the loot boxes will yield better gears as you progress.

The best gears I have found are at my fleet starbase for fleet credits & dilithium or on the exchange for a few million ec (my Mk XII rare disruptor tactical consoles).

Be sure to have fun, it is only a game.
    My two cent's take em or leave em......
    Officer of Fed side - Borg Syndicate: Isulaya (FED Sci) & Isu'laya (ROM Eng) . Admin/Head Officer of KDF side - Blood Empire: A'Nari (KDF Tac). Both have 400+ (usually 500) active fleet members in each of the fleets = I is one busy woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for everyone's advice - I think I will hold off on the XII sets but will get the assimilated console set (since they are always XII) and the Scorpion since I fly a carrier (unless it's better to get a purple Toduj.