test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug-Monsosh Class Elachi BB

nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
In Crossroads at Crateras during the escape, I must say this ship is unbelievably buggy. Heavy plasma and plasma shockwave into it's nose, cloaked "U-boat" attack to rear, standard weapons fire backed up by the Reman Warbirds, even staying at point blank and blowing up.

It's shields take no damage.

I was watching the icon for it. No change in shields, in addition the shields never went from blue on the ship itself.

So basically there is no way to kill it.
Post edited by nathrael on

Comments

• Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Adendum:

After trying this mission multiple times, I found out that the ship can be destroyed if you first destroy all the Tal'Shiar ships in the optional condition. However, the ship is still buggy in that the shields never seem to drop, and only leakage eventually brings it down.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I managed to destroy the ship, but yes, for a low level fight it was disturbingly difficult.

Its shields did take damage, but overall the fight took me about 5 minutes, flying around at 33% HP with little to no chances to heal. The ship eventually did went down but even with two NPCs it was hard. Its stats may need to be tweaked.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited April 2013
    why is a challenge a bug..wish everything in this game was made harder to kil
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't disagree, on the contrary. Pont is, this particular ship at this level of the game was especially difficult. I imagine new or casual players may feel discouraged if they encounter something like this so early.

As for the overall challenge like this at the endgame level - oh yes please make it so.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think its shields need to be toned down a bit(less regeneration/less frequent rerouting). I was able to dent them with weapon power at maximum, but the game doesn't really instruct novice players on how to do that.

Shields aside, I felt it was fairly comparable to the Undine Dreadnought in the Federation starting missions in terms of danger. The idea of "Donatra with training wheels" popped into my head during the fight when I saw the charge up attack as well. :D
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2013

The fact that it is hard is not a bug. The fact that is shields are nearly invulnerable is a bug. The fact that you have to kill all the other ships (flagged as optional) before you can kill it, is a bug.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    I managed to destroy the ship, but yes, for a low level fight it was disturbingly difficult.

Its shields did take damage, but overall the fight took me about 5 minutes, flying around at 33% HP with little to no chances to heal. The ship eventually did went down but even with two NPCs it was hard. Its stats may need to be tweaked.
    this fight remembed me of that low level Fed fight where you have to destroy an Undine dreadnaught in orbit of P'Jem. In comparison, this was very easy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found it rather easy to kill. If new/casual players would be annoyed by this, they definitely shouldn't play the 2nd FED mission (The one with the Vulcan/Undine guy). The Undine Dreadnought is A LOT harder to kill. I quite enjoyed this mission as it *finally* was a decent challenge.