Install Arc

Official Legacy of Romulus 'Allies' Arc Feedback Thread

Comments

• zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    overall a good arc the way it was done.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont have a lot of time right now so this will be a very short post....

I was rather amazed that I got the option to chose an ally so soon in the story line. It was somewhat anticlimactic for me given the previous mission and all the good stuff that transpired. I highly recommend removing the option until one is at least a Captain. I suggest this for story reasons as well as general ST lore purposes. It would be better methinks to get a a choice of a UFP or KDF Doff instead of selecting a side.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • vinnie222vinnie222 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Loving LoR overall, but ran into one very frustrating bug. While playing "Cloak and Dagger" mission, I kept getting stuck underneath the launch pads while defending the Romulan shuttles as they took off. Had to play the mission 3 times to get through it, and it always seemed to happen while defending the final shuttle. I'm pretty sure I was knocked under there by enemy grenades. I tried the "/stuck" command, but it didn't work. Overall, it was a small price to pay for the beta invite. Thanks for all the new content. The game has NEVER looked better; keep up the great work!
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For some reason I cannot complete the mission "Bigger Picture," I am also unable to drop it.

Additionally, are "The Price of Neutrality" and "Memory Lane" supposed to have a minimum level requirement of 12? I had to knock about a bit replaying some mission and other stuff to gain the requisite levels after completing "Neutral No More"...
  • sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Allright, since the patch, I've been able to move my KDF romulan forward from Prtice. That's great, I'm happy... buuuut.... and these will make it into bug reports thread too. I'm having problems where any transfer of map, space to ground, space to space, leaves my Bridge officers with no powers showing on the new space map. The Power slots show empty, but tyhe boff slots show witht he correct officer in them. The powers cannot be used untill I go in and swap an officer in one of the slots, then all powers reappear, and are usable. Also In Smash and grab, I kept getting my bridge contact sfrom a femal orion named D'neva. I have no such officer, and all contacts seemd to be comming from her. Perhaps I missed something in the contact dialogue earlier about taking someone from the KDf along.. but it was a bit of a surprise to me when she popped up. lol
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh...sorry for being very imprecise, I'll udate the post when I remember/find more info.

In the mission where you first meet Cardassians, specifically the disabled Cardassian Keldon in the area of no-full impulse, I started the cut scene (where I beam with Tovan Khev on the Keldon's bridge to investigate) cloaked. Surprisingly, interacting with the ship didn't kick me out of cloak (good think, rather). The problem is my character in the whole following cut scene acted like the warbird: cloaked. Don't get me wrong, it was funny seeing my toon running transparent around the cardassian bridge, but I doubt it's intended.

My toon is KDF allied, btw, if it has any effect.

EDIT: The mission is apparently "Bigger picture". Btw. why can't I replay it? The replay button is greyed out (and no, I haven't played it recently, and there's no timer).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • caocaopuffcaocaopuff Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One tiny thing. In smash and grab where you board the last transport. My Torvan had a conversation with himself about not shooting anything. I'm thinking maybe this occurs because he was the only tac officer in my away team so it defaults to him? Fun mission otherwise.

[edit]: I love the revamp to drozana station. Looks very nice
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have already seen comment in the thread about this, so I will add my opinion.

The cube in the final space battle of Sleepers is well outside the combat capability of a sub 20 ship. I have done this twice wit a Tac and Eng, and both times saw my ship lose shields and hull rapidly after a few hits and tractor beams. The sip does not have the ability to take on a Cube with just one Mogai in support. Either reduce cube to a badly damaged level or have NPC call in a reinforcement of five to eight ships.

Not a game stopper, but unnecessarily irritating (and probably frustrating for a new player).
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of NEW Bugs in "CrossRoads"

1) Cloaking Tractor mine cloaks and cant be targeted making the space part impossible to complete

2) If the two Remans dont get to the pad together/at the same time, it wont complete. Theyll beam out but the mission wont advance

3) Bolian crew member speaks when it should be a Romulan

4) If you dont do the ground part in the exact order it messes up the story. Like you can get the Plan B prompt after all that action has taken place

5) Satra is the pop up but Tovan is the VO
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    When you are on the space station where you get the overly muscular guy we cant edit --

The Romulan colonists say "Thats Crazy Talk"

They are speaking 20th century Earth slang and its kind of annoying.

Can ya'll just change that to simply "thats crazy" so I dont cringe everytime their speak bubble pops up.
  • anshraanshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Memory Lane - Fed

Very bad paving for BOFFS for me. They are getting stuck on walls, corners, etc. strange really, everything has been very polished up to this point.
    - Into the jaws of hell.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you are on the space station where you get the overly muscular guy we cant edit --

The Romulan colonists say "Thats Crazy Talk"

They are speaking 20th century Earth slang and its kind of annoying.

Can ya'll just change that to simply "thats crazy" so I dont cringe everytime their speak bubble pops up.

Actually i would think they would say "Incompetent Fool" or "Ignorant Fool" make it sound romulan :)
    edited May 2013
    Trade Craft -

Your line is "Tovan and I will work...."

Can that just read "I will...."

Enough with Tovan. He can buy the game and play if he wants to be the star.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NPC pathing on Gasko Station is a little off, at least one of my officers has had difficultly navigating simple corridors, let alone doorways.

EDIT: Speaking of Gasko; the system in sector space suggests a binary star system, with one yellow and one orange star. Yet the actual system itself when you warp in only has a single blue star in it.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited May 2013
    Replaying Crateris...

When you beam up and have to defeat the squadrons before engaging the Mystery Ship...

I went to the bathroom during the dialogue. When I came back the Allies had killed most of the ships.

It was impossible at that point to complete the 100% required to move the mission forward since you only get credit for ships you fire on.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squishkin wrote: »
    I gotta say, I chose the Federation, and I liked how the missions were arranged. It was much better than I expected; it was still a cohesively Romulan story.

Chose the Klingons, but very much the same - it remains uniquely Romulan, with the background (that remains FULLY in the background) that would go along naturally with that choice.

I am increasingly impressed by this - cannot wait for launch...save for the fact I'll have to do all this over again, ha! :rolleyes:
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
    edited May 2013
    Tradecraft -

Chartra or what ever the chicks name is Tovan wont shut up about's ship has texture errors since the path

The wings show up as white blobs
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tradecraft -

Chartra or what ever the chicks name is Tovan wont shut up about's ship has texture errors since the path

The wings show up as white blobs

I've seen that white blob on the wings too. for some reason or another there's a delay in loading the textures there.
    edited May 2013
    Good sequences, and not only a lot of fun, but make the story more intriguing. Good stuff.

One question I have is whether the tutorials will be able to be toggled on/off - including the new voiceover tutorials (very cool, by the way - wish they'd been around years ago when I started)? For new players these are going to be great, but for those who have been around a while, they are going to be a bit of a nuisance, mostly because they seem to be built directly into the storyline. For example, in the 'Memory Lane' sequence, wherein players need to travel to Mempa, you cannot - or, at least, can't yet - click on the mission icon and auto-travel; you MUST "learn" how to use the sector map, and travel piecemeal. Again, great for newcomers, but there was no option NOT to use the tutorial sequences.

Anyway, again, this is fantastic, and I am really looking forward to LoR launch. But, for those who don't need to learn the system, there will be some more-or-less unnecessary steps to be taken.

Keep it up though - this is how, at least in my opinion, how STO SHOULD have been from the start!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • jh3463stjh3463st Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing since the Beta testing of the original launch. On this launch, I am now a level 23 in Legacy [took a while after my email to actually be able to play]. I love the changes however, the "helpful" tips are very annoying. I don't need them. Love the look of the mission announcements. I think the tailoring should be like from the holodeck and give more options, a better the freedom to modify my character's look.

I'm the kind of player that loves the story behind the missions. I do PvE for simple battles and alien killing. I try to do all the episodes in order to increase in rank. My characters have a life of their own. I especially like missions were I have a choice of a mission path, were I may end up at the same place but how I get there is not automatically decided for me.

Like one of the previous comment(ers) stated, I am having more fun being on Tribble than I should. :P
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the End of the Price of Neutrality, the dialogue is

"Do you want to talk to Khev about the Tal Shiar now?"

The only option is "I do"

But I DONT!. The guy wont shut up. EVER. I dont want to talk to him. EVER.

Would love the option to just skip past that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Smash and Grab
    1. Unable to use the Tactical option to override doors on the 1st transport.
    2. After transporting to transport 2, away team was a.w.o.l., and did not re-appear (giggling uncontrollably I might add), until after I had died and respawned.

Price of Neutrality:
    1. Missions Log > In Progress: Still says ?Travel to the Aijion System in the Eta Eridani Sector Block and investigate the colony.?
    2. After beaming to the surface, Lotrix has no cape/cowl at the beginning, but he must have run home to get changed, because he had them on at the end fight.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just made, level 12, and noticed that the Duty Office system has been unlocked, but I did not receive my initial compliment of officers. I think I remember seeing something that stated that Duty Officers are not going to be live on Tribble, is that correct?

On the away team selection window, I like that now you see what skills your bridge officers have. But, why does it show both ground and space skills? Shouldn't it be showing only ground skills?

The Price of Neutrality

On Chaltok colony, after discovering the weapons cache, started disable the transport inhibitors, the first console I go to, which is up by the computer terminal that needs to be TRIBBLE earlier, I can run right into the terminal all the way.

After defeating Lotrix on the surface, you get a message that there is an incoming fleet. When I beam up, I get a dialogue from my bridge crew. It says that it is Tovan Khev, but the character on the screen is Satra.

After the combat with the Hirogen, and your ally ships leave, you have the dialogue with Charva. Before all the dialogue is finished, her ship warps out of the system. But you can still talk with her.

When you start talking to Tovan about Charva, when you select other options, and come back to main dialogue window with the choices, he start reading the whole beginning over again.

Bigger Picture

Given the mission to go to the Mempa system. Completed the mission, after destroying the derelict Cardassian ship, Subcommander Nadel contacts you, and suggests you go to the Mempa system to continue the investigation.

Also a general note:

I've noticed that bridge officers, when running and carrying rifles, they grip the rifles like pistols, in other words, one handed. Can this be fixed? It does a look a little strange and funny. I've noticed this in both Tribble and Holodeck.
    edited May 2013
    I posted the bugs in that Forum, but I will it them briefly again here:

1) Dialogue boxes being cut off by positioning of characters during cut-scenes on Cardassian bridge.

2) "Flashes"/blank screen immediately following "video log" scenes; very brief, but annoyingly bright and they obscure the dialogue boxes that follow.

Beyond that, a couple of observations:

It's great, and a lot of fun, truly - thank you! However, a couple of things seem "off" in this sequence. For starters, we are being told to "proceed" to or through systems we already have done. For example, after the run-in with the Cardassians - in the Mempa System - we are told to "proceed to the Mempa System in the Pi Canis Sector Block" to follow the True Way vessel (which is...where? We just destroyed them all - aren't we following a signal, NOT a ship?), which has gone into the Eta Eridani Sector Block. From there, we are told to follow it through the Xarantine Sector to the Eta Eridani Sector...which is right below us at the time...and when you arrive, you are told "Go to the Eta Eridani Sector Block to the Donatu System," which, again, we are ALREADY IN the Eta Eridani Sector Block.

Obviously, these things aren't hard to figure out, but are somewhat redundant and unnecessary, and, I believe, may even confuse new or newish players - I even kept thinking I was doing something wrong.

Finally, why are we suddenly "hard-liners" with everything we say and do? There were multiple choices in other interactive boxes - some that may have even caused us to go the wrong way, but we had them to make (even if the game turned us back around). All of a sudden, we are not taking the advice of BOffs, discounting warnings, and calling Cardassians giving us the choice to fight, flee, or negotiate "fools," then attacking.

What happened to the ability to play hard-liner OR choose to wait to play our hand, etc. - to choose how to respond? There was a LOT of that - which has been awesome - then here, all of a sudden, it's gone!

I can expound if this doesn't make sense. Anyway, my two cents.'

It is still three shades of awesome, though, even with these critiques! Thanks again!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
  • sharialashariala Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In neutral no more, thrid play through, beaming down to the planet's surface I keep getting contacts from a Human woman, apparently on my ship, named Isabel. I have no such officer, and I didn't see anything in any of the contact dialogue syaing anything about an observer, or representative or.. something of, my guess for this one being of the federation, comming along. It's the info contact after beaming in, and before beaming out. I do have a fed Tellerite on my ship... the only boff not on the away team....

In space... I got contact dialogue about the approaching fleet. The contact appeared to be Sattra, vbut underneath her picture, was Toven Khev's name.

After meeting Charva the contact dialogue comes up, with Toven's picture, the name under the picture is Satra, and since I'm asked if I want to talk to Toven, I assume it's her wearing a mask. Or maybe they jsut swapped uniforms for the day..

well that's all I time for for now. :^D
    edited May 2013
    shariala wrote: »
    In neutral no more, thrid play through, beaming down to the planet's surface I keep getting contacts from a Human woman, apparently on my ship, named Isabel. I have no such officer, and I didn't see anything in any of the contact dialogue syaing anything about an observer, or representative or.. something of, my guess for this one being of the federation, comming along. It's the info contact after beaming in, and before beaming out. I do have a fed Tellerite on my ship... the only boff not on the away team....

In space... I got contact dialogue about the approaching fleet. The contact appeared to be Sattra, vbut underneath her picture, was Toven Khev's name.

After meeting Charva the contact dialogue comes up, with Toven's picture, the name under the picture is Satra, and since I'm asked if I want to talk to Toven, I assume it's her wearing a mask. Or maybe they jsut swapped uniforms for the day..

Similar situation here. I allied with the Klingons, and had a Klingon BOff - who suddenly calls my toon "Captain" and speaks as if a member of my crew - be the one to contact me with information, etc.

And, yeah, Tovan and Sattra do a really good impression of one another... ;)
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shariala wrote: »

You know, i noticed those myself.

With Charva, at first I though it was Nedal coming up briefing. Was a little confusing that Nedal, Charva and Satra all look alike.
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    CHECK POINT! We have gathered all feedback to this point and will now be looking at all posts past this one for feedback on this arc.
    edited May 2013
    Gasco Blues -

You can kill the station commander before your conversation and the cutscene making it impossible to progress
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    S'taass has to be 12 -13 feet tall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]