test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: April 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Given the immense dislike for the changes to the emergency power abilities on Tribble, and the fact that they cause a vast swath of cruiser builds to become toothless at best, what are your plans for fixing these problems, especially considering how many people favor or invest in tactically-inclined cruisers? Furthermore, given that the vast majority of replies to the feedback thread indicate that emergency power to shields is the only emergency power that will be used due to severe survivability issues, how will these changes encourage anyone to actually use the other emergency power abilities, as has been indicated as one reason the changes are being made in the first place?
  • Options
    number1romulannumber1romulan Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok this may have been asked but what about the Scimitar - the real Bad boy of the IP? Will it be in game and will it be in the C-store or a Lock-box? If C-store will it be a 3-pack?

Thanks.
  • Options
    daelosprimedaelosprime Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1) What bonuses are the Lifetime and Gold subscribers going to get with the Legacy of Romulus expansion?
    2) Is the Scimitar going to be available as an End-game unlock (story or Reputation) or C-store ship for the Romulans?
    3) I recently saw an artivle saying that you're filling in the "missing" KDF lower levels storyline. Any more details you can give us?
  • Options
    hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In the Temporal Ambassador mission you get a Fed Ambassador class or a KDF Kamarang class upon completion of the mission. Considering that Romulus had not exploded in the 23rd century. will there be a Romulan equivalent of these ships? Or do we settle for the FED or KDF ship that the ROM is currently allied to?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any plans to implement this proposal for a T1 D7?

This would allow for TOS PVP at competitive levels, as well as fleshing out the starting game.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590941
  • Options
    ziggydsziggyds Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fleet Guramba is it coming? Maybe with the expansion?

The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
    John May Lives - Sci - Hobo
  • Options
    raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the Romulan faction get own 1000 day veteran ship? Will they have own Combat EV suit?
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there going to be new KDF Zen store ships when legacy comes out?

When does the legacy pack bundle sale end?
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    #1 Could we have some customization options for the unique bridge officers rewarded to us through various Featured Episode Series and Reputation Projects? Whilst I can appreciate they're unique and rare, it would be nice to have a Romulan or Jem Hadar in a Starfleet Uniform. Maybe some limited customization on their face and body morphs too? With everyone having a bunch of unique Bridge Officers that currently look exactly the same, they don't feel all that unique.

#2 When are we likely to see the Benzite Bridge Officers back in the game? They're selectable as playable characters, but they haven't been available as Bridge Officer Candidates since at least Season 5 (when I started).

#3 New sectors, I've heard mention of more on the way, specifically above the current Cardassian sectors. I was wondering, but are we ever likely to get an actual sector within the Delta or Gamma Quadrants? We've got the wormhole to get us to Gamma and back, and we travel there in the 2800 featured episode series.

#4 When can we expect a featured episode series (or) reputation rewards that present us with a Cardassian Bridge Officer? I think out of all the current rewards thus far, a Cardassian Bridge Officer is the only one we're really missing out on at the moment.

#5 Would it be possible, at some point in the future to enable players to have Customizable Kits? Some skills some players use more than others (all dependant on play style) thus it would be a cool feature for players to be able to build their own 4-piece kits (at least, once you've hit level 50 and are Vice Admiral).

#6 The Fleet Constitution; I am aware that CBS have stated they do not wish to see one, but could you elaborate on their decision? Is it that they don't want to see a Fleet Cruiser (Constitution, Vesper, Excalibur and Exeter) or is it specifically the Constitution that they don't wish to see as a Fleet Ship? If the former, then the least we could hope for is a Fleet Exeter? The team at Cryptic went to all the effort to create the Exeter and give it a Zen price. It seems a waste to miss the Fleet version out.

#7 Would it be possible to have an optional Keldon Kit for players who have the Galor Cruiser? Such an acquisition could be via a small Lobi purchase, or (if you're feeling really generous) free.

#8 Following the 'fallout' news from last month's Ask Cryptic, I read a post on the forums in which someone claimed that you guys have, and will always envision the Trek Online story as an eternal war between the Federation and Klingon factions. Is this true? We likely to see a 3rd faction that isn't involved in this war at all? Are we ever likely to see a three-way PvP scenerio?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can the KDF get Preemptive Strike? Can the D'Deridex Retrofit please not have the useless Galaxy Retrofit Bridge Officer Slots?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    soran69soran69 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The D'Kyr is probably one of the coolest ship designs you've ever proposed for STO and it was a great ship when launched. But now it's getting a bit old and its fans have a hard time when competing with players flying newer vessels.

How likely is a D'Kyr refit or a Fleet D'Kyr? Provided the graphic bugs were solved (and possibly with a special bridge added for the occasion), this would revive the design and fit pretty neatly within the Legacy of Romulus storyline: D'Tan is a reunificationist after all. ;)
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When will you finally acknowledge, that Galaxy ship layout is bad and that engineering consoles / ensign level powers are equally lacking.

Also, when you will finally realize that very low turn rates actually lower your sales on cruisers but serve no balance purpose.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there going to be a playable Scimitar?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      1) Curious question - Why the decision to add worlds to Tau Dewa, Pi Canis, and Eta Eridani with LoR, instead of adding the Core Romulan sectors "north" of Psi Velorum?

Because some of these new missions seem out of place since it takes place in the middle of the war front between the Federation and the Klingons. And seems they are better suited in that area.

2) In another interview, it was brought up of the possibility of an "Account Accolade" system, where players don't have to repeat grind accolades for every single character they own. The worst being the STF accolades, the Exploration Accolades, and of course the old Deep Space Encounter accolades.

Is this going to happen?

Any ideas what the limits could be? All accolades? Faction Accolades? Or limited to certain major accolades?

3) Will Romulan players able to play Federation or Klingon Missions that isn't part of the Romulan storyline arcs?

4) Why the need to revamp Drozana? Why not spend the resources in updating older zones like Risa? Or put the long-waited missing touches to DS9 (Security Office, Infirmary)?

5) The Interiors of the Romulan Warbird is astonishing, especially the Singularity Drive. Could a long-awaited revamp of the Federation interiors be next? :D
    • Options
      carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Right now a number of ships are available with the VA ship token for veteran players,will the line up of ships players can get with this token be updated to include Romulan ships?
      The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
    • Options
      nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I am still hesitant to roll a romulan character (or any other new character). I have grinded the rep with my federation characters, got most accolades with my main, and I have lots of character bound items (bind on pickup) that I do not use on that character (anymore) but they could be brought to use on other characters / builds. While I understand the time gates to give the dev team time to make and test new things I do not see a benefit for anyone of having to repeat all that. After all it is me, the player, who has done the work already.

My question: Are you discussing making more things (items, accolades, ...) account bound instead of character bound and/or alleviating the need to repeat certain achievements on all characters?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to make people start a Romulan fleetbase from scratch, but for those of us that really want the full Romulan experience is there any chance a "Romulan fleetbase skin" might get implimented that we could interchange between that and the fed/kdf fleetbase skin.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Will PvP be getting any updates when LoR launches?
    • Options
      revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Will the Klingon's get a Vesta Version of their own?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Will we see any STFs in the future with a definite KDF or RSE overtone to them in the backstory?
      Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    • Options
      edited April 2013
      Will we ever see any of the missing ship classes for the nonKlingon races of the KDF in future expansions?

R.I.P
    • Options
      edited April 2013
      To the Devs for all the hard work done on the KDF completion coming in May with the expansion.
      As a fan I wished to say thanks.

Roach

R.I.P
    • Options
      midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Could we get a ignore page like we have a friend page that would allow us to not be teamed up with someone in a STF or your side of a PvP match who is on the ignore list?

We believe this would solve a ton of GM complaints and allow for a vastly improved gaming experience. It would essentially allow people to choose who they play with. It would take the server microseconds to determine if the five people are compatabile. As to who would get booted...it would be based on the first person who got quequed up then 2-5 would follow suit until you got five compatible players.
    • Options
      keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      With the upcoming Romulan faction I was wondering if Dina Meyer had been contacted in any shape or form? There wasn't many Romulan goodies in Star Trek and commander Donatra was an awesome goodie. Even worf commented in how honarable they had fort So the character wouldn't soley be a friend to the federation. There is a gap there for Donatra to be a friend to the Klingons too.

Also anyway we could have another community design competition? I wouldn't mind having a Donatra class romulan ship brought to the fold. Lol
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Ohhh one more.
      Is there anyway we can hide ourselves from our online friends? It's just that I jump on for a few minutes to do a quick mission and then I'm gone (family life) and its hard to crack on and do what I need to do in a hurry with people saying hi and wanting to chat when I really don't have the time.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Will the dynamic of singularity cores be a stepping stone to a new mechanic for other factions to come? meaning if dominion for example would we get a power up ability.

thanks for time,
      -Spells
      || Open Door Policy ||
      | Dues Ex Mechina |
      Fleet Leader
    • Options
      section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      midwayace wrote: »
      Could we get a ignore page like we have a friend page that would allow us to not be teamed up with someone in a STF or your side of a PvP match who is on the ignore list?

We believe this would solve a ton of GM complaints and allow for a vastly improved gaming experience. It would essentially allow people to choose who they play with. It would take the server microseconds to determine if the five people are compatabile. As to who would get booted...it would be based on the first person who got quequed up then 2-5 would follow suit until you got five compatible players.

Yes since servers already give priority to people already teamed up. It would be a fairly simple piece of code to write. Oh and one other thing code you make the ignore list longer so that people do not drop off at the current level?
    • Options
      suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      Is the playable Reman species going to include both genders, or just male?
      PyKDqad.jpg
    • Options
      phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
      edited April 2013
      There are over 16,000 fleets in the game and they all have a unique name. Quite a number of these are entirely filled with members who haven't logged in for months at a time -- is there any plan that these fleets will require at least some activity?

It has been mentioned that a feature to merge fleets or have some kind of fleet alliance system may be on the horizon. Can you please expand on the details for what this would do to the provisions, XP on starbase and embassy, and so on?

You mentioned the third fleet holding would not be at LoR launch. What is it going to be, and will it be released before Season 8 at end of year?
      Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
      My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
      Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
      KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    This discussion has been closed.