test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New KDF levelling feedback

tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
I couldn't see anything in the first few pages of this forum, so thought I'd make my own.

Anyway, I copied across one of my Level 50 KDF characters (goodbye glitched Character Creator, I shall miss you :( ) and started 'afresh' with the revamped tutorial, etc.

So far so good. I've done the first couple of missions that take you around First City and I love what you've done with the experience! The whole spy thing feels much more KDF than 'Walking The Beat' and is a good way to show people where things like Exchange, tailor, etc. are in First City!

However, a couple of issues I had;

- When going to the Federation Safehouse, there was no map or minimap. Not sure if that's intended, but the only way I knew what to do was because I saw the red enemy dots clustered around in what turned out to be the large 2nd room (where you have to defuse the bombs), so I headed towards them.

- When I finished 'Space Chase', there was no dialogue to tell me to leave the Boreth system, or auto-hail from Warden Gazzan to show that the mission was definitely complete (as you'd normally expect). Guessing that's not as intended, since it's designed for a lvl 5 character, so someone who's possibly brand new to the game.

I'll give further feedback as I progress, and encourage everyone who plays the missions to do the same! :)

Tim
Post edited by tmichc on

Comments

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the only thing i really have to say is in same mission space chase when you are talking to the federation captain about the spy and how he tricked us both i was sort of bummed and killed the immersion for me that even after all the dialog i went through i still ended up being a jerk and was forced to fight him as up until that point there was options to not fight and be more diplomatic? and then at the end it forces you to go HAHA got you die any way

i know i know klingons grrr kill fight but it was really good up until that last option well actually it was not an option as there was only one choice

but i did like how they gave one of your first Boffs (the klingon male engineer) a back story i thought that was really neat
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Manhunt mission, after you finish Rura Penthe part and go back to sector space, it still tells you to begin mission at Rura Penthe, but also tells you to go to Vor system, also would be nice to tell you that the Vor system is in a different block.

Love the View screen look for the missions especially the snowy backgrounds, and the Starfleet captain sitting in his chair...and as the guy said before was kind of a jerk move to have me explain to him what went on then kill him especially after he believed me, and I said I was not a Romulan yet pulled a Romulan.

Also Giant Bird of Prey decloaking and taking out the Warden EPIC!!!:)

also when you go to the Vor system it tells you to Open Door instead of enter system.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Also love how when i talk to my BO they are sitting down at their station..... but some of their bodies are facing the wrong way, and their heads are not....Exorcist style :eek:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Seems to be a Bug when you are talking to Captain Quvan....When I'm ease dropping on him and the Romulan it keeps resetting back to my Science officer telling me she can activate the antiproton beam, the only way I can progress is to forget about the beam, and just kill him.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    the only thing i really have to say is in same mission space chase when you are talking to the federation captain about the spy and how he tricked us both i was sort of bummed and killed the immersion for me that even after all the dialog i went through i still ended up being a jerk and was forced to fight him as up until that point there was options to not fight and be more diplomatic? and then at the end it forces you to go HAHA got you die any way

i know i know klingons grrr kill fight but it was really good up until that last option well actually it was not an option as there was only one choice

but i did like how they gave one of your first Boffs (the klingon male engineer) a back story i thought that was really neat

I know what you mean about the dialogue branches for Space Chase. It felt particularly immersion-breaking for me as my KDF character's an Orion mercenary, so some of the dialogue felt rather off. If I could charm/talk the Fed captain out of his attack and actually ensure no fight took place (the KDF holding the moral high ground!) that would be wonderful.

And yeah, neoakiraii, the whole 'Go to Rura Penthe', then go to Vor, but upon completion it tells you that you need to go to Rura Penthe in the 'quest list' on the main UI screen, not in the Quest Tracker screen. I also have a screenshot of the same mission giving me an 'Open Door' interact, when I'm sure it was meant to be 'Enter Vor System'.

Tim
  • Options
    thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just transferred my Klingon toon to Tribble and played through the "Empire" missions,
    and wrote down my thoughts as I went along.

May be some spoilers here, so be warned!

Tutorial: The Hunt is On

An improvement to the old tutorial. Could do with more mission text in the first hail. Boff mini notifications
    were nice, although they popped up in the wrong place, could not be moved, and thus obstructed my
    view of my team's abilities.

Exchange warehouse: Why does my science officer contact me via the comm system when she is standing
    right next to me? Too many Federation spies aggro at once when entering the "apartment".
    When beaming after the transponder, I ended up in the Qo'nos system with no info on what to do next -
    which was to end the mission and to get a follow-up.

Tutorial: Space Hunt

While I get that new players will be in a Bird-of-Prey, it was odd to be adressed as flying such a ship when
    I was in fact in a Breen Chel Grett. The hail from the Vulcan captain looks great though - very Trek!
    I was miffed, however, at the diplomatic choices in the beginning and then I apparently had a change of heart
    and decided to blow stuff up anyway :S Let there be a diplomatic option all the way through!

Manhunt

My bridge officer is on my bridge! Yay! Jackal mastiff combat pet? Double yay! (Can we get to keep him,
    please? :D)
    The whole thing with the ship and the Warden - totally awesome! Besides the fact that I do not fly a
    Bird-of-Prey.. When I beamed out from Rura Penthe, I was met with the option to "Begin:Manhunt"
    in sector space, which starts that part of the mission all over again. The transwarp to continue the mission
    (in the Vor system) also led me back to the Rura Penthe system to begin over again. There is no info on
    where the Vor system is located either. When I had manually located the system and approached it,
    the pop-up said "Open door" instead of "Enter system" (or similar).

In the Vor system, I scanned with the beam and my officer warned me of ships decloaking and "Red alert!",
    but nothing happened. I used the beam again, and this time chose "Battle stations" (or something like that) -
    that worked. After the battle, my boff said that we could leave, while the mission still required me to
    scan the debris. I scanned the debris, so I don't know if leaving without doing this would have reset the
    mission map or not. Oh, and don't forget to add the missing text in the turn-in hail :)

All in all, I enjoyed the missions a lot, and they seem relatively bug free so far.
    Keep up the good work! :)

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Also love how when i talk to my BO they are sitting down at their station..... but some of their bodies are facing the wrong way, and their heads are not....Exorcist style :eek:

i assumed the reason he was facing a way was he was at his station as his head kept turning towards the screen

had the same issue with the klingon captain and romulan captain only way to progress was to just kill them. the other options reset to the beginning
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love the KDF Tutorial revamp so far, much better than the original. However I seem to be a bit stuck at the moment: In "The Hunt Is On", when you get the objective to talk to the 'Used Ship Salesman' in the shipyard, the dialogue box that shows up is blank, then goes back to the default NPC dialogue without completing the relevant objective. Now I can't continue on with the wonderful storyline. :( I've already run the mission twice with the same result.

30 seconds later (literally...:o): Found the actual 'Used Ship Salesman', as opposed to clicking a similarly named dialogue option that pops up near Gramesh the Nausicaan. Yeah, maybe that duplicate one should be removed. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are some more things I noticed while playing through the rest of the available new KDF content.

Manhunt:
    • The ship contact on the surface map always defaults to an Orion female named D'Nava, despite the fact that I do not have a BOff of that name on my character's roster (actually, I don't have any Orions BOffs on my character). I'm guessing she's a starter BOff from the Tutorial so it makes sense for newer players, but I'm just wondering why it doesn't use the player's default Science BOff contact instead.

Friend or Foe:
    • The Yridian station commander Plardos doesn't look scared enough after you fire your 'warning shot' (his demeanor seems to be set to 'Happy' for some reason). Plus there is hair coming out of his ears (don't know much about Yridians, so I'm not sure if it is deliberate, but it looks more like an ill-chosen hairstyle conflicted with the new Yridian head architecture).
    • Talking to Worf with "Sir, do you have a moment?" sounds too 'polite Human' for the Klingons, and probably the other KDF races as well. I'm not sure what would work in its place, but it seems weird.
    • Given the events that take place in this mission, I wonder if the mission giver intro for Bringing Down the House needs to be altered slightly.

A House Pursued:
    • The 'Destroy Scavenger Drones' objective may be difficult to complete because they don't show up automatically with a reticle (since they're strike craft, and as far as I know default Player options don't display reticles for strike craft unless they are targeted first). Perhaps these should be switched out with frigates or something.
    • It is not easily apparent to the player that their ship is receiving radiation damage from proximity to the Borg Sphere wreckage (no indicator like there is for 'Nebula Interference')
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]