test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't find the "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" mission

buf0rdtjust1cebuf0rdtjust1ce Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I've been looking every day for about the last three weeks for the assignment "Negotiate Delivery of Rare Commodities" -- the first in the chain that involves the Strange/Powered Alien Artifacts and let you craft Mk XII consoles. I'm a Level 50, I have enough Jevonite and Shapeshifting Lockets to start the assignment, and I have looked every day in the Beta Ursae, Alpha Trianguli and Zeta Andromedae sectors but can't seem to find it. I've read this thread in the Forums here as well as the entry at STOWiki.org and haven't detected anything obvious that I'm doing wrong.

So a couple of questions for those that have completed the assignment chain before... First, can you usually find it in the sectors I listed above, or do you need to go to the outer reaches (Zenas Expanse, Rolor Nebula, Betreka Nebula)? And when you do find the assignment, does it appear under the Trade category in the Current Map tab of the DOFF assignment screen, or is it hidden in one of the officer category screens like Science or Operations?

I'd appreciate any tips -- I've been playing the game since January and this is the first time I couldn't figure out something on my own and have resorted to posting in the Forums. It just seems like after weeks of looking for an Uncommon assignment I should have found it multiple times already. Anyway thanks for your time if you read this and in advance for any help!
Post edited by buf0rdtjust1ce on

Comments

• Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By the sound of it, you've only been checking your Sector Assignments for the mission... what about your Department Heads, which can show missions that might not otherwise be in Sector Space?
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    By the sound of it, you've only been checking your Sector Assignments for the mission... what about your Department Heads, which can show missions that might not otherwise be in Sector Space?

Thanks for the reply. I actually have been checking those too (what I referred to in my original post as "officer category screens like Science or Operations"). Couldn't think of the proper name for them. But I've only ever seen the Trade sub-category appear when in the Current Map tab of the missions screen. And I've never had any trouble finding the various trading assignments involving trading EC, Ketracel, Jevonite, Lockets, or anything else. It's just this one chain trigger assignment that continues to elude me. But I appreciate the suggestion, thanks again!
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can find the assignment in those sectors and in their respective nebulas. And yes, it appears under the Trade category in the Current Map tab.

For me it showed up yesterday in Zenas Expanse.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Finally found the assignment in Zeta Andromedae and started it. Thanks guys for the help. I just hope my DOFFs don't botch the assignment...
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally found the assignment in Zeta Andromedae and started it. Thanks guys for the help. I just hope my DOFFs don't botch the assignment...

As far as the general purpose (acquiring Alien Artifacts) of this mission and its repeatable version, it can't really be botched. You will always get the item, even on a critical failure, although you won't get any of the other rewards in that event.

Also, regardless of the outcome of the initial mission, you will always unlock the repeatable. This is true of all Doff mission chains.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Asking around in the "Doffjobs" channel might also help. If the assignment is around somewhere, people in there will know. You might even get a bridge invite to save you the time to travel to the sector yourself.

The Doffsheet can also help you find it. http://bit.ly/DOFFS

Occasionally you'll also get notice from people in there who find the assignment on their Tuffli or D'Kora trader contacts, giving you a chance to start the assignment even if it doesn't show up in sector space.
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You kan also go on or be invited to someone elses Bridge and check his or her Assignment NPCs for a list of different mission lists, even if you both are in the same area.

I find that handy on some harder to find missions.
  • Options
    jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i have been looking everyday 3 years i go to all 6 of the sectors on average 5 times each i check in current map as well as using department heads and in 3 years it has never once shown up it appears that some people will just never get it. its actually become a joke in my fleet that if i ever do find it they will close the game
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    its actually become a joke in my fleet that if i ever do find it they will close the game
    lol, i know how you feel. I have a new toon and he cant see the assignement. my main toon lvl50 has no problem here, but if i invite my second lvl50 toon to the bridge of my main toon, nadorc is invisible for my second toon. something is just not right here.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE