test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

drexfiles.wordpress.com is no longer available.

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Ten Forward
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/

drexfiles.wordpress.com is no longer available.

The authors have deleted this site.

From Doug:

"You know how I brand all the images I post with Drex Files. Several of my VFX colleagues took exception to that. They felt I was claiming credit for it all by doing that. I received a couple of angry notes that were upsetting. I felt the best thing was to off-line it for now. My intention was never to steal credit, in fact I felt like I was promoting everyone's work. Drex Files regulars know that I note credits for work whenever I have the info, and if I don't, I appeal to the audience to speak up if they know something about it.

So for now, the Drex Files is dark, at least until I have a chance to think about it and review it."

http://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/1c603d/

http://startrekauction.blogspot.de/2013/04/doug-drexler-takes-down-drexfiles-blog.html
http://wrathofdhanprops.blogspot.de/2013/04/end-of-era-drex-files-blog-is-gone.html
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Forum:DrexFiles_blog_taken_down
http://www.trekspace.org/profiles/blogs/drex-files-is-shut-down-gone
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=209059

:(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :eek:NOO! I loved that site! All those pictures . . . those articles . . . the eye candy . . . :(:(
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm truly disappointed to read of this. DrexFiles has been a regular place for me to visit for several years. I enjoy Drexler's passion for his field and his history with the entertainment industry. I've since LIKED Doug Drexler's Facebook page as well. But it's not quite the same.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Ya. . . I have a sad.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm curious if he actually tried to work it out with his collegues - who couldn't understand his point of view? Their umbrage and his choice of action has effected hundreds if not thousands of people.

For what ... pictures.
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very sad about this. For a while, Drex Files was a "check every day" site for me, although when he stopped updating regularly I started only going back as a reference. Still, a huge loss for those fans who loved the looks behind the scenes and the gorgeous ship art.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This sucks.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like it'll come back, in some fashion, in the future. Here's to that.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    being paranoid pays off...

i saved ALL the pictures on my local drive :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valiant797 wrote: »
    This sucks.
    zerobang wrote: »

You should... share them, or something. (With proper credit.)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it sad? Yep.

That said, I do understand his colleagues ire, as, if it was done by others who were not part of his group/team, he should have asked for permission before adding his 'drexfiles.com' logo to a picture - or if it was obtained from another's website, he should have posted the original link - and again asked for permission before modifying the image to add the logo.

His defense of "my regulars know..." doesn't matter as you never know who, or how the images themselves will be spread once they're up.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i liked all the back ground pictures and behind the scenes of the shows.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That sucks. Hopefully he'll be able to work it out with his colleagues and bring back the site.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now I'll never get see new pics of the Enterprise-J! T__T;;;
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it sad? Yep.

That said, I do understand his colleagues ire, as, if it was done by others who were not part of his group/team, he should have asked for permission before adding his 'drexfiles.com' logo to a picture - or if it was obtained from another's website, he should have posted the original link - and again asked for permission before modifying the image to add the logo.

His defense of "my regulars know..." doesn't matter as you never know who, or how the images themselves will be spread once they're up.

When he posted pictures, he would give a background on them ranging from what they are to the cgi artist. Many times, the CGI artist would even talk about it in the main blog article or in the comment section.

Hopefully, this miscommunication can be cleared and we can get that website back up. It was a great site.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    zerobang wrote: »

To Imgur. NOW.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stupid I found out just now. :(

Well from what I see, Drexfiles will return. But seems like some things might change. Hopefully not too much, because it was great him and the others got to tell of the behind-the-scenes.
  • Options
    commandersalvekcommandersalvek Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doug has said they will return -at the moment hes busy with a model making reality show based on the youtube show Steve Neill's Garage-Steve is this top builder of models -Spaceships etc Steve and Doug are friends -the show will have Steve teaching newbies how to make models-you should see the ships all with lights etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NCOq4FVrpAs#!

Check his facebook page quote

"Drex Files Reloaded" will go online in about a month with everything from before, and new stuff too."
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well that's good news.