test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

energy weapon proc chance

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Please make the chance to proc on energy types something other than 2.5% chance.

Maybe for example,

Phasers: based on range, accuracy vs defense

Disruptors: 2.0% chance for balance. Boff ability like beam overload or cannon rapid fire increases chance to have chance to proc. 33% chance per ability use

Tetryon: based on auxilary power or some sci stat

Antiproton: based on remaining hull of target

Plasma: based on speed of target. (not defense, just speed). Increase damage of proc, so this should be the best energy for sitting targets (shield up or down).

Polaron: any ideas?

Does anyone else agree?
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i would much rather see beam weapon types given a higher chance to proc so its inline with cannons...say 7.5% to 10% chance...with a 20% on beam abilities. it would be far to hard to base it off of what you propose...and it would more or less force people to one energy type, not that that is a bad thing, but having a maltitude of procs can be helpful as well (not count hybrid weapons).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I am not wronging (I studied statistics many years ago), the chance to proc is indipendent for each weapon and each proc (a weapon has) is indipendent from the others.
    So supposing you use weapons with only a proc, supposing you do not miss the target, if N is the number of energy weapons firing at your opponent, then the chance to proc exactaly once is 1-(97.5/100)^N... that is 18.3% if you are firing with 8 energy weapons. And if the proc stacks, then the chance to proc at least once is higher.

Now you have to think about weapons with more than a proc, remember each proc is indipendent from the other, so each weapons... imagine using 2xBFaW to spam procs

Fortunately we can miss the target and it's difficult to fire continuosly with 6-8 weapons...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves