test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Newbie Eng Questions

ekxibekxib Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hi, i am newbie in this side (really in both sides :D ) but my friends talk me about kdf char, then i think start a engineer captain... who play role of tank-healer... i planned use battlecruiser then here my questions:

1- which battlecruiser recommend?

2- which weapon energy recommend?

3- Is good energy weapon + torpedos? or is better only energy?

I appreciate a lot your ideas.
Post edited by ekxib on

Comments

• Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ekxib wrote: »
    Hi, i am newbie in this side (really in both sides :D ) but my friends talk me about kdf char, then i think start a engineer captain... who play role of tank-healer... i planned use battlecruiser then here my questions:

1- which battlecruiser recommend?

2- which weapon energy recommend?

3- Is good energy weapon + torpedos? or is better only energy?

I appreciate a lot your ideas.

You need to establish whether this is for PVE, or PVP. Totally different.

In PVE,
    1.) If you want to be tank/healer, the "Mirror Battlecruiser" is probably what you want to start with. You can buy them off the exchange. It has a little more agility than the Negh'var, and unlike the regular Vor'cha, the mirror version has its ensign changed to Science. Science is excellent for survivability and healing. You can then work your way up to a Fleet Negh'var if you find you really like the play style. Fleet Negh'var lets you use the same officer layout, but it's tougher. (Virtually unkillable, really)

2.) Disruptor. Helps your team mates, doesn't rely on any specific build to be effective, and is quintessentially Klingon.

3.) If you're trying to be a full on tank, you'll probably want to stick with beam arrays or single cannons because you're going to spend a lot of time flying around being defensive. If you're going to use torpedoes, stick to torpedoes that offer a lot of punch per shot like the Hargh'peng, bio-neural warhead, or transphasic cluster, so that you don't have to spend as much time lining them up.

On the other hand, you could sit somewhere in the back of the battle and just use your heals on team mates instead of yourself. Torpedoes work great for this because they are not affected by your weapon power level, or range to target. You could put power into Auxiliary and Shields to make your heals more effective without sacrificing damage. For that kind of build, you want torpedoes with high rate of fire, so usually Photon. Having some Projectile Weapon Officer doffs on duty can make your torpedoes much more effective when used this way.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for your answer :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    You need to establish whether this is for PVE, or PVP. Totally different.

In PVE,

I think in this phrase... what is the diference? is other layout? i read some threads about the tank/healer with eng in pvp are useless... in other thread i read in next season or to december maybe in holodeck exist new type or pvp... then... please tell me about a good layout about eng in pvp... or if eng in pvp are really useless
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ekxib wrote: »
    I think in this phrase... what is the diference?

In PvE (STF's) you know the enemy (Borg) so you can equip your ship for them.
    But in PvP you don't.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ok, i am in level 48 i have some zen, then i thinking purchase some of some of the following:

- botarsq (command)
    - marauder patrol cruiser ( the pig ) jejeje looks diferente

I have now:
    - mirror vorcha
    - neghvar (like more than vorcha)
    - kamarag (for the mission)

And i thinking too purchase mirror voquv. I am in fleet with tier 2 shipyard. Then here is the question:

- Do you recommend botars or marauder, or mirror voquv?

with kamarag and neghvar my roll in "mirror event" was healer/support and that was very nice... i believe maybe in stf is necesary a healer... or if not... then i thinking in dps like the Fleet Vorcha (torkat... i dont remember the exactly name)

Well later that. one question more. In stf, etc, what is more necesary dps or healer?

sorry for a lot of question but... i need a clear vision