test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Country for Solo People

2»

Comments

• seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2013
    There are enough episodes to get you to 50 with more than a few left over.

All episodes are solo content.

If you can't solo them its not the games fault.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,441 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I finally found the Victory in Gamma Orionis, and reported to Four of Ten. Now I've got a whole slew of new missions I can fly solo - well, as solo as I can with all these BOFFs and DOFFs aboard my Odyssey-class star cruiser. :)

And that's for my 50. Too bad I can't save the XP somehow to apply after a future level-cap increase...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doing just the story arc stuff and Doffing should get you to 50 long before you run out of missions. You're missing something somewhere.

On one of my alts, I did the PvE missions, some fleet alerts when I hit captain, 3 or 4 Mirror Universe events, and I hit 50 while I was still doing the Romulan arc. I was 20 odd levels past the recommended level for those missions.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2013
    This game is pretty alt friendly in that you can level very rapidly with DOFFs, exploration, patrols and other dailies. Why not try another class / ship combination like tactical with a science ship or science officer in a cruiser.

Better yet, give the Klinks a whirl. We have a few unique missions and one of the best FE series ever, Fek'Ihri (and Alpha mission). Plus it is a blast "griefing" ... err battling Feds in Ker'rat. :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Need more XP to get to the next level/episode? Borg Red Alert is your answer! Sure, you'll be fighting much higher level enemies that will quickly dispatch you however, if you can isolate a sphere and/or go after some probes you should be able to blow them up. You get big XP for it and these zones are double XP on top of that. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im in a fleet on the KDF side but even then i tend to do things on my own i dont rely on others on the fed side im a solo act no fleet no plans for one.

Leveling is easy on this game do the missions do system patrols if your a fed if your a klink you can do your daily missions.
    Such as fed repel in the kahless expanse and what not even repeat old missions but usually you can hit lvl 50 fast as a KDF.

You dont need a fleet to level and if leveling up is your problem then your not trying hard enough looks as if your a fed so do the system patrols they give good exp and the red alert borg daily.
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    ...You just need 5 different players to queue the event. Even at the relative dead hours that I play (Late night America) Queues pop instantly.

So I decided to try the qued missions again.
    I've come to the conclusion you people are messing with me. As I type this, I'm sitting in my 3rd attempt to get into a qued event, and it's been over 7 minutes. I've gave the first two attempts 5 minutes.

I even took time to set up a few DOFF missions while I sat waiting in the que.
    I'm sure if I wait long enough, I'll eventually get in, but I don't log into this game to sit around and do nothing for lengthy stretches of time.

I'm gonna go find some target rich missions to go play in.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've come to the conclusion you people are messing with me.

Your conclusion is wrong everyone on this thread has tried to give you advice which it seems youve ignored that is on you not us.

Next time dont ask for help or opinions if youve already made up your mind as far as queue's your at the mercy of a process to a set number of players either have patience or dont queue up at all.
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Your conclusion is wrong everyone on this thread has tried to give you advice which it seems youve ignored that is on you not us.

Next time dont ask for help or opinions if youve already made up your mind as far as queue's your at the mercy of a process to a set number of players either have patience or dont queue up at all.

Actually, I moved on, took another mission in Pi Canis Block (Laurentine sector?), which turned out to be another qued mission and decided to give it another go. I got in the second I clicked, and got the mission completed.

I've not ignored the advice, I tried to follow it, after I took a little time away from such missions to "cool down." then tried again. It would seem such missions where you fly to a system and accept the que seem to take a little longer (like forever), but missions where you get the big que window do seem to "pop" immediately.

As for making up my mind, that is a process based on my experience, which apparently, I've had a rather bad string of luck. However, as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I would rather not get into a que then to get into a que that is going to make me wait. I've admitted I don't have the patients for it, and I see nothing wrong with that. If a que is immediate, then I'm fine with it, and I've have encountered a number of ques (3 just tonight) that are not immediate and take longer then 5 minutes.

I know 5 mins does not seem like such a long time to wait, but it's not what I want to do when I log in.

But, that being said, I understand a little better what folks are meaning when they say ques pop instantly. I think I know better now which kind of que to look for, and which kind to avoid.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Member, Banned Users Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just to clarify:

Patient: noun
    a person who is under medical care or treatment.

Patience:noun
    the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
    an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
    quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience

I was thinking you're the ship medic when reading your posts. :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    I was thinking you're the ship medic when reading your posts. :)

And from Quebec. :)

Que. = Short for Quebec

Queue = to form in a line while waiting

Also, this is not correct, but many people in these forums use it also:

Cue = anything said or done, on or off stage, that is followed by a specific line or action
  • starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I decided to try the qued missions again.
    I've come to the conclusion you people are messing with me. As I type this, I'm sitting in my 3rd attempt to get into a qued event, and it's been over 7 minutes. I've gave the first two attempts 5 minutes.

The only queues I've seen that took that long were some ground STFs. But, and this is very important, I've hit those queues at level cap. I haven't tried joining a fleet action or STF below VA in, probably, over a year.

STO has a very level cap focused system. You'll hit cap really quickly for an MMO. This was always true, but since the game went F2P, it's only intensified. You can easily hit cap in a weekend or two of intense play. And within a month of sporadic casual play.

The result is a lot of players are at cap, and the queues for level 50 players are stuffed to the gills. If you want to do something, it happens fast.

Also, the game didn't used to be this way, but the endgame content gives you a lot of stuff to play with. As you go up in ranks, more queues open up, there's the reputation ones (locked to 50), the fleet ones (locked to fleet membership), the STFs (basically rep ones, but they start unlocking in the mid 40s, or at least, they used to.)

So, no, no one is messing with you, but our experience is very different, because of how the game handles queues.

Most queues, the ones you're joining will be locked to players who are between 30 and 39. If 12 50s queue for the same mission, you won't see it, and won't group with them. And 50s make up the vast majority of the playerbase.
  • jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Why are you playing an MMO? I mean, you are aware that playing with other people is kind of the point, right?

Well, I have learnt from experience with other mmos is that grouping tends to ruin the fun, especially when it isn't required and unless you know the players you group with personally, the groups you find can be quite disappointing experience, which I got a lot of from WoW, so many players crying and moaning that they died once and then leaves.

That put me off doing any group content prior to max level, since those guys take it way, WAY too serious, but in a good way....if they are the right players to group with anyway.
  • rathsartaro1rathsartaro1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no point in this game where you are required to queue with other people to level up.

There are more than enough solo episode missions alone to get you to the top without ever doing a single patrol or exploration mission
  • bramble23bramble23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive got no probs lvlin up infact I have to slow down levelling ive ad 5 toons lvl 50 now im on a sixth and also im soloing and loving the new content a lot better than it was when It first came out
  • nitebabenitebabe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just made lev 50 yesteday doing the episodes and daily (new rom episode) in my 40's i did a very few pug tf......apart from the tf's i was solo and enjoyed it, being on a pug pve is kinda solo too,only twice did i see chat...my point it i love this game and i solo it , if i want chat i pm friends or join in channel/zone chat :)
  • turalisj89turalisj89 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I ran out of missions I can solo.

All that is left is a pile of missions which require other players to some degree.

I am not sitting in any que. I have no patients to waste my time in hopes that other players will soon join a que.

I'm not doing any missions that are destine to failure because there are not enough players in the "zone" or "instance" to fight effectively along side with.

I know I have no real complaint here, as this is an MMO, and as such, it's not designed for players who like to solo.

Guess I'll try leaning hard on Doff missions and flying around exploring random systems to level up to some point that opens more soloable missions for me.

Join a fleet. The game is an MMO for a reason. Join a nice sized fleet, make some friends, and play with them. Go play Star Trek Armada if you don't like the idea of playing with others.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turalisj89 wrote: »
    Join a fleet. The game is an MMO for a reason. Join a nice sized fleet, make some friends, and play with them. Go play Star Trek Armada if you don't like the idea of playing with others.

mmo doesn't mean 'required to socialize' it's a game, to be enjoyed however you want to play it. if the game attempts to force socialization, it loses a segment that isn't interested, it ends up, much like this one with fleets that are meaningless, or only there for profit 'ilet you buy fleet ships/weapons/etc 10mil ec and i invite you to fleet'

that's what the federation and the klingon empire have become? beyond this being a game, it's supposed to be a game about a specific intellectual property called star trek. a universe where solo captains made a difference.

fleets were an attempt following the pw screwed psycho babble that players must join for good gear, and if they join a fleet they'll stay in game longer...yeah, forced grouping always works well.

but seriously, get it out of your head that mmo = social, it doesn't, facebook is social...or not, going to a bar is social...or not, there is nothing that forces you to be social and every attempt never works as intended. fleets are a forced attempt by crptic...worked so well hasn't it? you lose players by forced socialization, if i don't give a rat frack about you, not going to care anymore pugging or in a fleet with you if i'm just there for the loot.

if i don't care in the first place, then no game is going to make me care, and if one doesn't care, there is no socialization, just some strangers pretending to care. nothing but a BS farce.

stupid meme 'why join mmo if you don't want to play with other people' as stupid as someone saying if you game you don't have a life. both just spouted as if they were some divine truth, and both total BS. you join to play the game, if the game sucks, you won't stay, people have nothing to do with it.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.