test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rich Dilithium Mining

domnalldomnall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
What is the point of limiting the Rich Dilithium mining to once per 20 hours? Frankly that limit should just be removed, because it really serves no purpose. The reason I say that is because it is not like someone is going to go use up their 20 or so claims in one day and then exchange it all for ZEN. That is because there is already a cap on the amount of Dilithium ore you can convert per day. I got 164 of the mining claims and I should have the choice to just spend the whole day mining the Rich Dilithium if I choose to. It's not going to impact the economy and be good to build of the ore for the days people are not feeling up doing quest that day. They can just log-in, do their daily refining and then go back to bed.
Post edited by domnall on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree. Completely agree.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    domnall wrote: »
    They can just log-in, do their daily refining and then go back to bed.

That is exactly why Cryptic won't do that. Right now you must log in and spend at least hour to make daily cap, making their "average playtime statistic" look much better.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's a cap on the amount of Ore you can convert per Character, not per Account. As such someone can get a rich claim quite quickly and then shift over to another character and keep on going. There have been many days when I've converted 32k Ore in a day just by using 4 characters.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There's a cap on the amount of Ore you can convert per Character, not per Account. As such someone can get a rich claim quite quickly and then shift over to another character and keep on going. There have been many days when I've converted 32k Ore in a day just by using 4 characters.

The claims are bound to the character
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The claims are bound to the character

Yes, but apparently you can obtain enough claims to hit your cap quickly, so it doesn't really matter that they're bound to a character.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dkratasco wrote: »
    That is exactly why Cryptic won't do that. Right now you must log in and spend at least hour to make daily cap, making their "average playtime statistic" look much better.

Except it won't.

A lot of players, myself included, have 200+ Rich dilithium claims to turn in.

At about two minutes each that's around 7 hours.

Sure, some folks will blow through 7 hours of mining to sit on nearly 1,000,000 Dilithium ore, not all players will.

As it stands Having a 20 hour cap on the damned things is pointless and annoying.

You want to limit it? Fine, slap a 30 minute timer on it. Bam two an hour and you've got your "minimum play time" rate while still allowing players to start putting a real dent in the glut of claims they have.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jermbot wrote: »
    Yes, but apparently you can obtain enough claims to hit your cap quickly, so it doesn't really matter that they're bound to a character.
    Exactly. You get your 8k worth and then log out and onto a new character.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really wish they would reduce the 20h mining cap. I'm trying to get 800 Lobi Crystals together for a new ship. And by now I have over 180 dilithium mining claims which cannot be traded or be transfered to an alt. Since there is a 8000 dilithium cap it really makes no sense there is another timer on turning in mining claims as well.

Just get rid of the 20h timer or reduce it significantly to let's say a 1h cooldown.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I personally dont have a problem with the cap. it is there so you have to do something else a day to max out your daily limit of dil. if they made them account bound (or atleast the boxes), I would mind even less (and if they made the boxes unbound... that I would love :D

at this point atleast I do something on my klink as a secondary char. I log in, do the CE, mine, get the doff missions between asteroid field and ds9, get the contraband doff mission on ds9, and log out. reverse order the next day

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    domnall wrote: »
    What is the point of limiting the Rich Dilithium mining to once per 20 hours? Frankly that limit should just be removed, because it really serves no purpose. The reason I say that is because it is not like someone is going to go use up their 20 or so claims in one day and then exchange it all for ZEN. That is because there is already a cap on the amount of Dilithium ore you can convert per day. I got 164 of the mining claims and I should have the choice to just spend the whole day mining the Rich Dilithium if I choose to. It's not going to impact the economy and be good to build of the ore for the days people are not feeling up doing quest that day. They can just log-in, do their daily refining and then go back to bed.

You can only earn maximum of 5000 dil for each claim right? Meaning you *have* to do something else to earn the last 3000...

If they where to remove the 20h cooldown, many people would spend less time in game. And the more people active and playing the better it is for star trek online generally.
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i deleted the mining claims. they are useless.
    edited April 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »

They are 5000 dilithium for 2 minutes work.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    torach wrote: »
    If they where to remove the 20h cooldown, many people would spend less time in game.

:confused:

No, they would do something else in-game.
    Nothing is more frustrating than waiting 20hrs for w/e.
    It's a built-in demotivator and it stopped me cold more than once.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »

How many did you delete?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    :confused:

No, they would do something else in-game.
    Nothing is more frustrating than waiting 20hrs for w/e.
    It's a built-in demotivator and it stopped me cold more than once.

Like I said in a previous post, if they have to put a timer on it, make it 30 minutes.

It's a fair compromise that will allow players to get through the glut of claims they may have AND keeps playtime normalized.