test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tutorial Playthrough (6th April 2013)

banikslavebanikslave Member Posts: 16 Arc User
5th April 2013
Server Access - Steam
OS - Windows 7
Hardware - N/A. Last upgraded (new MO and graphics card) to top speck in latter half of 2012.
Player - Girl. Questionable intelligence. Likes fluffy things.

Played through tutorial on Tribble today, while taking "stream of consciousness" notes on iPad. This is a transcript of that play through.

Let me know if there is anything you want focused on.

CHARACTER CREATION (FED)
CREATING FEMALE BAJORAN

Engineer description "Live Long and Prosper Tank". Funny, but not overly descriptive of role to new players.

Changes to Stance menu not reflected in Toon.

Changes to Tattoo Scar Etc menu does not appear to be reflected in Toon.

If hair colour is changed, than any further changes to hairstyle are not reflected in toon unless face is changed.

TUTORIAL (NEW UI)
I will always love that Intro film.

Back of my toons head is sticking out through their hair, but that is more likely to be a graphics problem my end.

Tutorial help box is wrong way round. Older button moves forward through menu, and visa versa.

New character interaction screen is much easier to read. Can we have this for planet info?

Highlighting in maps. HUGE IMPROVEMENT. My days of squinting at the screen finally over.

Mistake in mission text. CAPTAIN TAGGART, SECOND COMMUNICATION. References orange circle in objective info. Circle it refers to is yellow. Might be confusing to new players who are unfamiliar with interface, and so sit there looking for an orange circle.

Character can still move under character interaction screen. With character interaction screen being so large now, might cause issues.

Green text used to designate characters on cursor hover. Often VERY HARD to read, especially against shadow or black (sector space).

Yay. Zachary Quinto.

Can't go back to check, but I don't THINK the turbolift door from bridge to transporter was highlighted as a mission objective.

Oh joy. Borg.

When Lt Thelis directs player to door "behind me". Obviously he is talking from his perspective but when you are facing him from the console you have just used, it makes you want to go to the door north of location. Can get a bit confusing for newbies who are currently processing quite a lot of information (I remember getting caught by it my first play through). Maybe make this bit a bit clearer, or remind them about the map.

Green text is REALLY HARD TO READ, I mean really.

I've been playing this game for nearly a year. I have only just realized that you can highlight weapon arcs.

New HUD display fits in nicely with the rest of the changes. Very clear and visible. Good job that man/team/romulan.

Help box after warp to Vega. Perhaps highlight that arrow keys in reference to shields means arrow keys on the keyboard. There are very visible arrow keys on the shield monitor and while these do the same thing, it might leave players unaware of the easier keyboard option.
Well, easier for me.

Vega colony looks a lot like New Romulus ;-)

Character inventory window makes a lot more sense now. More in line with ship inventory window, so makes "scrolling" up and down more consistent.

Wish the borg were this easy on Defera.

I LOVE the new highlighting in the map. Think I have already said this.

EMH says Good Luck Ensign at the end, but by this point player is an Lieutenant. Probably best that this is ignored though unless you can get ZQ back in the vocal booth.

I FOUND SULU!!!

Play ended in Admiral Quinn's office.
Post edited by banikslave on

Comments

• starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You didn't know you could highlight weapon arcs in space or you can on the ground?

You can also see ability arcs in space, for that matter. It used to be in the text for the tutorial, but that might have gotten lost somewhere.