test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Select Screen Crash

pumamandingopumamandingo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I did a quick search of the forums, and didn't see a thread about this. My apologies if it has been posted elsewhere.

Simply put, my game client crashes shortly after reaching the Character Select screen.

It does this very consistently. I've tried verifying my files, and not verifying my files. I've tried a complete reinstall of STO. Every time I get to the Character Select screen on Tribble, I crash.

I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but I think it has to do with the new UI being somehow incompatible with my system settings. I can log on to Holodeck with no issues.

For what it's worth, the last Error Handler Ticket ID I got was 19918046. Hopefully someone can give me some insight as to how to work around this! I'm very excited to check out the new Warp Cores etc. :D
Post edited by pumamandingo on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did a quick search of the forums, and didn't see a thread about this. My apologies if it has been posted elsewhere.

Simply put, my game client crashes shortly after reaching the Character Select screen.

It does this very consistently. I've tried verifying my files, and not verifying my files. I've tried a complete reinstall of STO. Every time I get to the Character Select screen on Tribble, I crash.

I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but I think it has to do with the new UI being somehow incompatible with my system settings. I can log on to Holodeck with no issues.

For what it's worth, the last Error Handler Ticket ID I got was 19918046. Hopefully someone can give me some insight as to how to work around this! I'm very excited to check out the new Warp Cores etc. :D

I've been having problems too since the latest patch to tribble. I can't get into the character select screen without it crashing. Holodeck server is working as intended (as in it's got no issues).

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My TTS GameClient is crashing as well. But I do know that the bug is. I copied my Holodeck character Erick. To Tribble as Erick 1. When I zoned into Drozana, my character zoned in as his ship avatar. I tried changing characters (i.e. logging out back to the Character Select screen). The character 'Erick 1' was showing as his ship avatar instead of his ground avatar. That's when my client crashed.

'Erick 1' is my default/last played character. As soon as the GameClient starts to render the character as the ship, the Game Client crashes after it starts up.

A workaround would be for some kinda developers (*bats eyelashes* w/ a big :D ) to delete my character 'Erick 1' (game handle @fuzun).

Edit: Crash handler #19918046
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    good luck with that, ive tried sending PM's, put in a ticket which if you read the other thread you'll see the results of that ticket, logging on another account and sending a tell directly to a dev and ive gotten 0 help. I swear these guys that run this game are the absolute most worthless individuals to ever grace a keyboard.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem. Tribble crashes at character select screen. Holodeck and redshirt are fine. Last successful login was before the update around 8pm EST, when I was suddenly booted from tribble. At the time, I was testing out the new 'feature' where I could roam the rooms of new drozana disguised as a bug ship. :rolleyes:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    My TTS GameClient is crashing as well. But I do know that the bug is. I copied my Holodeck character Erick. To Tribble as Erick 1. When I zoned into Drozana, my character zoned in as his ship avatar. I tried changing characters (i.e. logging out back to the Character Select screen). The character 'Erick 1' was showing as his ship avatar instead of his ground avatar. That's when my client crashed.

'Erick 1' is my default/last played character. As soon as the GameClient starts to render the character as the ship, the Game Client crashes after it starts up.

A workaround would be for some kinda developers (*bats eyelashes* w/ a big :D ) to delete my character 'Erick 1' (game handle @fuzun).

Having the same issue, exactly the same. My made on tribble character, Ston, is her ship avatar on drozona and when I try to log in (even after copying a newer character to be at the top of the list) the game crashes.

No issues on holodeck of course.

EDIT: Managed to get past her by spamming down arrow on my keyboard to go down to select a different character. And was able to log in.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.